• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Samppson said:

Im fine with Jonhson or Slowik, although I feel like both might go elsewhere. If they do, I do wonder if Tepper has the patience to wait for McDonald, it might be another few weeks if the Ravens keep winning. I fear if he loses Slowik/Johnson he wont wait and go with someone like Raheem Morris or Frank Smith

I get the sense that Slowik isn’t in serious contention for any HC gigs this year. I think it’s just a year too soon for him.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Samppson said:

I like MacDonald, Morris is an extremely underwhelming candidate imo. I don’t like retreads but a retread who wasn’t good before? No thanks. His unit in LA isn’t even that good. 

Morris is underrated. Retread is quite a stretch as well. Agree to disagree. 

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

First candidate we’ve heard of getting a second interview right?

Evero gets 2nd interview tomorrow. But I don’t think anyone in the CC Round next week can interview this week. So Johnson, Monken, Macdonald, Wilks, Glenn, can’t interview with anyone. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Evero gets 2nd interview tomorrow. But I don’t think anyone in the CC Round next week can interview this week. So Johnson, Monken, Macdonald, Wilks, Glenn, can’t interview with anyone. 

Panthers may have to wait till after the superbowl if it's Lions vs Ravens

27 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Like Canales.  He got a lot out of Baker Mayfield.   No easy feat

Heard  an interview on his offensive philosophy…like him a lot

he also has the experience and pedigree 

Seems like I’m in the minority but he is towards the bottom of my list compared to the other candidates. Definitely got a lot of out of Baker this year, but can’t shake how bad they looked against us when they needed to win. I don’t believe they were even a top 15 offense on the year. Ranking behind the likes of Cincinnati and Indianapolis.

26 minutes ago, Samppson said:

If you interview coaches in person between the NFC/AFC championship and superbowl, is it common for hirings to be announced before they play the superbowl? I cant remember how it usually plays out lol

It would make sense to announce after the SB. I’m pretty sure both Steichen and Gannon were announced afterwards. It’s pretty much figured out at that point

1 hour ago, Samppson said:

If you interview coaches in person between the NFC/AFC championship and superbowl, is it common for hirings to be announced before they play the superbowl? I cant remember how it usually plays out lol

It varies often the word leaks, but isn't made official till after game.