• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards - College Football HOF

OldhamA

20 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

And ironically he was too small to play QB...and iirc Armanti looked bigger than Bryce does currently. 

Still an awesome college player. 

By the time he got the NFL, yeah he was bigger than Bryce , but I was at App when AE was and dude was tiny his first 2 years there. He worked at it though. Remains to be seen if Bryce does

33 minutes ago, sonburst4 said:

I still don't know why we traded up for him without any idea of how to use him.  I would have loved to given him a chance at QB for 3 or 4 games and see what happened.  

Foxy never had any desire to play or use him. He was legitimately pretty good at wideout in the CFL, had a solid career there. He could have been Curtis Samuel before Curtis Samuel, really. Have him return kicks, run, receive, pass - so much potential

Edited by TN05
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

And ironically he was too small to play QB...and iirc Armanti looked bigger than Bryce does currently. 

Still an awesome college player. 

They look about the same.  Armanti a little taller Bryce with that fake weight got him by a few pounds

Sadly he was overdrafted as a wildcat qb, before everybody learned wildcat doesn't work.

Imagine had he entered NFL today as a late pick, with no expectations, to a team with a creative OC. There is no reason not to think he would have had a solid NFL career as a gadget option.

13 hours ago, MtnJax said:

By the time he got the NFL, yeah he was bigger than Bryce , but I was at App when AE was and dude was tiny his first 2 years there. He worked at it though. Remains to be seen if Bryce does

Same. I was there for all three championships. Those were some fun years. 

• Pie 2