• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on the Search Process

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Im sure we will hire the wrong GM and wrong coach. All about who kisses Teppers ass the most

Nothing has changed. Tepper is still retaining his same control. He's already said as much without realizing it letting it leak that they're focusing on the coach first then the GM. Same poo, different day. You hire a GM first and let the GM hire the coach. That's the way this poo works in functional organizations. But this is Tepper's poo show and he refuses to learn. Once again we'll have a GM and a head coach neither on the same page, both reporting directly to Tepper, and a junk show of a roster and product on the field. This is what we're going to be as long as Tepper insists on being the man in charge of a football organization when he evidently knows less about my wife whose involvement in football consists of her rolling her eyes at me watching it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If the ultimate end is that they have one person in charge of all that roster and personnel decisions while another handles everything else, I'm okay with that.

What I don't want to see is an analytics guy being put in charge of personnel decisions.

No, that would be tragic.  I also think the personality of the GM is important to attract free agents and undrafted rookies.  Not sure how he relates to people--not saying he can't, but...

Beyond the image repair failure, I just see egocentric people who can’t keep their mouths shut.

Look how little is coming out of ATL, LA, SEA and TEN and then look at us and the commanders. It’s a joke. The team is publishing their search and interviews. It’s fun for the fans but I mean, the lack of awareness and restraint is still beyond the pale.

Whether it’s Tepper or someone else, we have a consistent stream of crap being pooped to the media in the FO that needs to be plugged.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Beyond the image repair failure, I just see egocentric people who can’t keep their mouths shut.

Look how little is coming out of ATL, LA, SEA and TEN and then look at us and the commanders. It’s a joke. The team is publishing their search and interviews. It’s fun for the fans but I mean, the lack of awareness and restraint is still beyond the pale.

Whether it’s Tepper or someone else, we have a consistent stream of crap being pooped to the media in the FO that needs to be plugged.

Chargers are posting stuff too…the only one who is dead Quiet is Atlanta because they are aiming for Bill. Seattle just came open 4 hours ago and Tennessee is in damage control mode.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Ive seen the panthers are interviewing more. Only reason for the public list is just all have already agreed. 

Bonus the public list is to gain back fan support. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Y’all can keep screaming but the Disner and Halaby interviews scream president of football more than GM is which how the Eagles run things. Making proclamations this early is silly. 

That's what I'm waiting to see.

The title doesn't matter so much as the job description does.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's what I'm waiting to see.

The title doesn't matter so much as the job description does.

Bingo, Ross Tucker today was preaching that todays newer models have a guy that knows HOW everything works (Roseman) and delegates to those that make it work (someone like Morgan or some other talent background guy)

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Bingo, Ross Tucker today was preaching that todays newer models have a guy that knows HOW everything works (Roseman) and delegates to those that make it work (someone like Morgan or some other talent background guy)

NFL General Managers have traditionally been CEOs, handling pretty much everything within the team, part of that being roster management.

What we may end up with Is someone who has that title but isn't really over the personnel side of things.

And as mentioned, I'm fine with that.

Just don't give me an analytics guy making football decisions.

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

We're really going chicken little because they took 5 minutes to make sure they weren't rejected?

I mean, if that's the case... and they did verify that these people would take an interview were not as bad as the average Huddler would lead you to assume.  9-10 interviews for HC/GM is a better outlook than most would assume.  Still, factoring in people changing their minds or taking other jobs etc etc... we're not as bad off as people would want you to think.

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Y’all can keep screaming but the Disner and Halaby interviews scream president of football more than GM is which how the Eagles run things. Making proclamations this early is silly. 

I said in the other thread it feels like they are interviewing for 2 positions rather than solely for the GM position. We'll see how it plays out though.

• Pie 1