• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If I was worth $21 Billion and owned the Carolina Panthers, I would…

15 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Liars the lot of you if you loved footy like most here you’d have a great time playing GM 

When in Panther history did the team string together enough competency over a course of a few seasons to not heavily question their moves and failures?

I don't want to be the GM. I just want a good one finally to do a good job. I would be more than happy to watch a great one cook even if I didn't love individual moves. If winning cures all this team is at plague level now.

On 1/11/2024 at 6:48 PM, Waldo said:

Stop treating it like a toy

This is how I view Tepper.  He may be a big fan of the game but should not have any say in which players are retained, let loose, picked up in free agency and most importantly who is drafted.

Stop looking at what someone did in college and expect the exact performance in the NFL. You can offer your input but in the end let the Pros make the decision. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is how I view Tepper.  He may be a big fan of the game but should not have any say in which players are retained, let loose, picked up in free agency and most importantly who is drafted.

Stop looking at what someone did in college and expect the exact performance in the NFL. You can offer your input but in the end let the Pros make the decision. 

Any owner should be presented with the big things to sign off on but his involvement at the other levels has been devastating to the outcome of everything to do with the team.

He has no idea about the football stuff and it doesn't look like he is learning much either so he keeps hiring bad football people and putting them in bad spots and expecting anything good to happen. It's comical and sad.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Any owner should be presented with the big things to sign off on but his involvement at the other levels has been devastating to the outcome of everything to do with the team.

He has no idea about the football stuff and it doesn't look like he is learning much either so he keeps hiring bad football people and putting them in bad spots and expecting anything good to happen. It's comical and sad.

The problem is he influences the whole staff’s opinion and then at that point you have group-think and there’s no turning back.  

You can’t change the boss’s mind when everyone else has already bought in.  That’s what happened with Bryce, IMO.  Just watch those draft rooms pre-draft, they all regurgitate the same phrases.

• Beer 1