• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. When the pocket gets muddy he can't see down the field and even if he could he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down the field unless he has an airport runway to step into and through the throw.

These people swear Bryce Young was not the problem just the guys around him. 

If you can't see this kid lacks arm strength and can't read the field then you just don't care to see it. We will have a new QB after next season. Bryce Up Son!

• Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Bryce was already showing signs of David Carr Battered QB Syndrome. Not sure I have ever seen a rookie QB recover from that.

I do think had he landed in the right spot he might have been a mid-level NFL starter. I don’t think he will anymore. I am pushing all in on complete bust.

I'm not sure he'd have succeeded if he landed in San Francisco. He has so little arm talent - teams don't have to seriously defend half the field. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. When the pocket gets muddy he can't see down the field and even if he could he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down the field unless he has an airport runway to step into and through the throw.

Even without the physical differences, Stroud is such a more sound QB mechanically. Who would have thought after 1 season we would be saying that?

Bryce is the biggest draft blunder in franchise history

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That Metchie throw is a great example.  Stepped up after a clean dropback into a muddy pocket.  Launched it nearly perfect in stride where only Metchie could get it.  Just a beaut.

• Beer 1

With regards to the HC search - I'm all about handing the reigns to Evero (Harbaugh will want to work with a QB) and hiring someone from the Shanahan coaching tree as the OC. That's clearly the hot / unstoppable offensive scheme right now. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I'm not sure he'd have succeeded if he landed in San Francisco. He has so little arm talent - teams don't have to seriously defend half the field. 

Noodle armed guys can succeed in the NFL but they are very situation dependent. Bryce isn't a true noodle arm, but he is a bottom 25% arm in the currenf starter pool.

Turns out all that "super processor" BS that was sold was a false bill of goods. That didn’t make up for anything.

Just now, Frank9999 said:

Man its depressing seeing Stroud ball out in playoffs ngl. What might have been smh 

It's depressing watching pretty much every other single team play football. 

Flacco has come off the coach and has led his team to the Playoffs ffs. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They literally couldn't call successful plays for Young because he can't make half the throws required for a NFL QB. 

The Texans were 3-13 last year (i.e. worse than us) - they hit on the QB and the HC (and probably the OC) in the off-season. They didn't have a massive roster overhaul. 

Right. They hit on the playcaller/play designer. That changes absolutely everything. Everything. I really don't want to get into a Stroud vs Young debate. It's futile. The situations are too different to make definitive statements either way. The Panthers season is over. Time to move on to next season for them and the playoffs for the NFL.

But... if you can't see the difference in playcalling, protection, receiver separation and YAC, then you're not trying. Even casual fans can see that. 

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

Man its depressing seeing Stroud ball out in playoffs ngl. What might have been smh 

Take some solance in the fact that Stroud would have been ruined here too. The Texans are leaps and bounds a better organization than we are.

At best, we would have just lived to see Stroud's career derailed by injuries or him be a star elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Bryce Guys need to understand one thing: Bryce was a great college QB. He knows how to play the game of football. But just like how Mugzy Bogues, Nate Robinson, and Spud Webb are the only tiny NBA guys I can think of (because no matter how good you are at the game, the NBA is about size) ... Young is TOO SMALL for the NFL.

It's just an unfortunate fact. He's playing against elite giants who want to smash him, speedster CBs who will be step and step with the WR, etc. Brees and Kyler Murray (and lol at him) are one in a millions! Young just can't gain the one thing he needs to be a success in the NFL to go along with his ability to play the game. Size.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Bryce is the biggest draft blunder in franchise history

It's true. It would suck hard if we drafted him #1 overall after earning that pick. But drafting him after trading up from #9 and then handing the next year's #1 overall to the Bears as just part of the overall package is just *chef's kiss*

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1