• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

Just now, t96 said:

We should’ve traded for Stafford

He didn't want to come here anyway. But Tepper ultimately pulled the plug on our efforts because of injury concerns. Too bad he wasn't concerned with Bryce being 5'10" and have a weaker arm than Stafford will when he's 60.

Just now, OldhamA said:

People often miss out Gen X 'cos it's not as sexy to say as Boomer or Millennial. 

The youngest boomers are pushing 60, I don't think it's literal the way the internet uses it now.  In the common parlance it's more descriptive of an attitude.

Anyway if you go to the parts of the internet where Gen Z kids hang out they're already starting in on Gen Alpha with "kids these days... " takes.  Time truly is a flat circle.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I just don't see anyone with other options coming here to be micromanaged to death by Tepper and get saddled with his "super processor" QB. Not exactly an ideal situation.

DeBoer has just taken the Alabama job (and given a horrendous exit meeting to the Washington players) and confirmed that Saban will be 100% involved in everything... as Nick is sat in the front row of the press conference.

It's just not going to work.

Any aspiring GM / HC should say to Tepper "I'm going to evaluate the current roster and pick my own players. Addressing the elephant in the room, I'm going to bring in legitimate competition for Bryce Young THIS offseason". 

They won't, of course, because we'll be left with the GM / HC candidates that are desperate to make the step up and will acquiesce to the crazy owner's wishes. Just like Reich did, cos he was glad to be offered a job. 

1 minute ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Entertaining game so far. Best of the bunch to this point. Lions are maybe a top tier corner and another pass rush threat away from being a real deal.

Yeah Hutch needs a running mate. They've not been able to hit on a true top tier corner but I figure that can change in the offseason.

• Beer 1

Just now, Steelo said:

Yeah Hutch needs a running mate. They've not been able to hit on a true top tier corner but I figure that can change in the offseason.

To their credit, they tried when they spent, I think, the 3rd overall on Okudah, but it was a miss. Not the same old Lions it seems. Good for them.

1 minute ago, UnluckyforSome said:

To their credit, they tried when they spent, I think, the 3rd overall on Okudah, but it was a miss. Not the same old Lions it seems. Good for them.

They'll make an earnest effort again this offseason I'd wager.

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

DeBoer has just taken the Alabama job (and given a horrendous exit meeting to the Washington players) and confirmed that Saban will be 100% involved in everything... as Nick is sat in the front row of the press conference.

It's just not going to work.

Yikes. Yeah, not sure why he signed up for that after taking Washington to the national championship game.

It's the same concern I'd have going to the Seahawks with Carroll evidently staying with the organization a different role. That's gonna make for a weird dynamic.