• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing?

BrianS

So the Falcons - a divisional rival - have interviewed:

Baltimore Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike Macdonald
Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator Brian Callahan
San Francisco 49ers Defensive Coordinator Steve Wilks
Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator Ejiro Evero
Baltimore Ravens Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach Anthony Weaver
Former New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick
University of Michigan Head Coach Jim Harbaugh

Meanwhile, we have interviewed:

HC Chris Tabor

DC Ejiro Evero

Ravens OC Todd Monken

Ravens DC Mike Macdonald

What the actual (*@$ are we doing?  Our HC has been gone since mid-season.  The Falcons started their search less than two weeks ago.

We don't even want to have a conversation with Harbaugh or Belichick?  I'm truly baffled.  Every time you think we've hit rock bottom, along comes Tupperware with his pickaxe and chisels us down another few feet.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

So by the end of the day we will have also interviewed Morris and Quinn.

and as far as belichick or harbaugh....maybe we're just not interested in a dinosaur and some guy who isn't really interested in coming to the east coast?

1 minute ago, Ship said:

we're keeping leaks on lock is what we're doing

Are the interviews expected to be secret? I always assumed the league wants those publicized, at the very least to verify the Rooney Rule is being followed.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Are the interviews expected to be secret? I always assumed the league wants those publicized, at the very least to verify the Rooney Rule is being followed.

Not all of them, apparently people who aren't employed in the NFL can be secret, but yeah they want to publicize interviews and we have. I guess I mean we don't know what the team is thinking. Lots of random picks for our next coach like Moore being betting favorite and the ESPN article giving us Callahan. No one knows anything about our search other than us loving Ben Johnson.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

So the Falcons - a divisional rival - have interviewed:

Baltimore Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike Macdonald
Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator Brian Callahan
San Francisco 49ers Defensive Coordinator Steve Wilks
Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator Ejiro Evero
Baltimore Ravens Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach Anthony Weaver
Former New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick
University of Michigan Head Coach Jim Harbaugh

Meanwhile, we have interviewed:

HC Chris Tabor

DC Ejiro Evero

Ravens OC Todd Monken

Ravens DC Mike Macdonald

What the actual (*@$ are we doing?  Our HC has been gone since mid-season.  The Falcons started their search less than two weeks ago.

We don't even want to have a conversation with Harbaugh or Belichick?  I'm truly baffled.  Every time you think we've hit rock bottom, along comes Tupperware with his pickaxe and chisels us down another few feet.

If I am not mistaken, haven't all of our interviews been Zoom sessions?  Not sure if that is the norm, but in my experience, Zoom interviews are screening interviews before setting up the serious interviews.

Edited by MHS831

I think if we do end up interviewing a Harbaugh or Belichick type, we'll find out just like we found out about the Frank Smith interview last night - an out of the blue tweet from the official team account. 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If I am not mistaken, haven't all of our interviews been Zoom sessions?  Not sure if that is the norm, but in my experience, Zoom interviews are screening interviews before setting up the serious interviews.

All of our interviews so far are with candidates that are currently employed by teams so we can only do Zoom interviews at this stage. In-person interviews with currently employed coaches can't start until after Sunday.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

unless i'm mistaken (quite possible, fwiw) no one can have in person interviews until the 22nd. 

• Pie 2