• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round - Games Thread

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I know you're hating it. I don't know if the Lions can do it on the road though. Ravens or Bills should be able to beat SF though. KC, no chance.

We'll see. I'm all about anything different and seeing new teams in the big game. Anyone but SF or KC.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This was his first full season as the starter. You're nuts!

Careers are short in the pro game. You don't get past 5 seasons as a starter playing like that in the clutch moments of a game. Reality. Not many chances in the NFL. Can never have your QB do that if you want to win a championship. That's why Purdy is the QB & not Jimmy G or Sam Darnold.

Edited by CPantherKing

1 minute ago, Moonraker said:

Man. GB lost that game more than the 49ers won it. I'm not sure it matters though. I know any team can win a game, but once Baltimore knocked the rust off today they looked unbeatable. 

They already smoked most of these teams once.

Look, I'm a Lamar guy, but they did not look unbeatable. I picked them to win it all back in October, mind you, but if Lamar's telegraphed throw in the end zone is picked, like it should've been, the game is close, and possibly in doubt. 

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Idk. I just hate that franchise ever since we had to job to them in the 2013 playoffs. Can’t let it go lol

Hopefully you'll get there. That was a looooong time ago. You're better than FrankW though lol. We haven't been in the NFC West since what ... 2001? 😉

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Idk. I just hate that franchise ever since we had to job to them in the 2013 playoffs. Can’t let it go lol

Exactly. Even if you can get past the rivalry we had with them through the Cam years. How can anyone hold their nose long enough to find themselves happy amongst one of the most blatantly full of bandwagoners fanbase in the entire league? They're neck and neck with the Cowboys and Steelers for worst of the worst. Some Panthers fans here have no self respect.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I think they couldve ran the ball 2 times with Aaron Jones and got enough for a field goal lol. Horrible throw yet again. Id be beside myself if i was a packers fan

That throw with two timeouts in your back pocket is just brutal. Hell, even if you had no timeouts. There was like 50 seconds on the clock. Just chuck that thing into the third row and go to the next down. He was in panic mode but with the time on the clock and two timeouts in the back pocket only needing a FG for OT there was no reason to be in panic mode.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Hopefully you'll get there. That was a looooong time ago. You're better than FrankW though lol. We haven't been in the NFC West since what ... 2001? 😉

Keep rooting for em hipster.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Look, I'm a Lamar guy, but they did not look unbeatable. I picked them to win it all back in October, mind you, but if Lamar's telegraphed throw in the end zone is picked, like it should've been, the game is close, and possibly in doubt. 

True, he could implode. They just seem like a very complete team. They already dog walked the 49ers and I'd trust Lamar (or any of the AFC QBs left) over Purdy. I thought Purdy was pretty bad today and the 49ers always seem to get their QB exposed (or hurt) in the NFCCG or SB recently. 

Why do y'all care who wins these games? Just let it go and just watch for the love of the game. Trust me, it makes for a lot more entertainment and a lot less stress. This season has made me remember the joys of just being a general NFL fan. Yeah, you don't get the super high highs of being a fan of a team doing well but we're Panthers fans here. Do we actually have any realistic hope of that in the near future? Just watch for the entertaining the game and let the results go. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That throw with two timeouts in your back pocket is just brutal. Hell, even if you had no timeouts. There was like 50 seconds on the clock. Just chuck that thing into the third row and go to the next down. He was in panic mode but with the time on the clock and two timeouts in the back pocket only needing a FG for OT there was no reason to be in panic mode.

That being said, I think they over achieved for it being Jordan Love's first season starting. If they had actually won this game (easily could have imo if their kicker doesnt miss that field goal and they get a field goal on that last drive to win) and gotten the NFC CG, that wouldve have been bonkers for such a young team and a QB starting his first year.