• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Samppson said:

I wonder when the first hire will happen, feels like Johnson might hold up the whole thing.

I feel like some teams know they have no real shot at Johnson. Maybe all of them sans Washington. I feel like at least 1-2 of these vacancies get filled this week.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Repeating what many of us will be saying over and over until the news hits...

"Please just don't screw it up" 😖

I hope we land him, but feels like such a longshot if I look at it objectively from Johnson's point of view. Washington he will get to choose his QB, new owner who hasnt made a fool of himself, already has a decent team. I suppose Tepper could offer a ton of money, but how much more would he have to pay? lol

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

They got antsy last year and ended up with Reich. Don't see that happening this year.

Yep, Reich was named HC on the 24th. Safe to say the search this year will go longer. And it should. Finding out who gets a second interview will at least help us narrow down the prospective candidates some.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

In a vacuum, I wouldn’t hate hiring Evero as HC and I wouldn’t mind making Morgan as GM.

But I will be pretty angry if that’s how both jobs go down. We need at least one prominent voice from the outside coming in.

My biggest fear about a DC getting the job is Tepper burning up the phone to bring Kellen Moore in to be OC

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Samppson said:

I hope we land him, but feels like such a longshot if I look at it objectively from Johnson's point of view. Washington he will get to choose his QB, new owner who hasnt made a fool of himself, already has a decent team. I suppose Tepper could offer a ton of money, but how much more would he have to pay? lol

A bit of positive (quite possibly wishful) thinking...

Given their history, why would anybody really want to coach the Lions?

Dan Campbell did. Heck, part of the reason he got the job was because during the interview process he demonstrated to their leadership just how badly he wanted it.

A little while back someone asked him why.

His answer was that he wanted the challenge. He'd long thought that winning in Detroit would be something that few could accomplish, so being the guy who did would be something special.

You have to figure that at least once in their time together, he's mentioned that story to Ben Johnson.

Maybe that, plus a desire to return to his hometown team, can make a difference.

Not something I'd bet on of course, but we can certainly hope 😕

• Pie 9

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A bit of positive (quite possibly wishful) thinking...

Given their history, why would anybody really want to coach the Lions?

Dan Campbell did. Heck, part of the reason he got the job was because during the interview process he demonstrated to their leadership just how badly he wanted it.

A little while back someone asked him why.

His answer was that he wanted the challenge. He'd long thought that winning in Detroit would be something that few could accomplish, so being the guy who did would be something special.

You have to figure that at least once in their time together, he's mentioned that story to Ben Johnson.

Maybe that, plus a desire to return to his hometown team, can make a difference.

Not something I'd bet on of course, but we can certainly hope 😕

The Lions had an ownership change of sorts in 2020 when Sheila Hamp Ford took over from her mother. She came in with a clear plan to turn the franchise around. What do we have here?

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The Lions had an ownership change of sorts in 2020 when Sheila Hamp Ford took over from her mother. She came in with a clear plan to turn the franchise around. What do we have here?

From my understanding, the new “plan” was to not care and just sign the checks…I read cat teams Reddit lol