• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

I'd be floored with Evans signed with us under any circumstances. At his age he'll be ring chasing and I can't imagine he won't have plenty of contending teams vying for his services. Signing with a 2-win team makes zero sense regardless as to how much you loved your OC that you knew for 6 months.

We may as well have kept Frank Reich if we're going to hire Mike Vrabel.  Vrabel strikes me as the kind of coach that everyone thinks is good for reasons, but couldn't actually name what he does on gameday that makes the Titans better.  So they just cite his leadership and whatnot.

When you consider the Titans were largely feasting on bad AFC South teams, they were largely average under him.  In 6 years, only twice did their offense finish in the top 10 (and this is with Derrick Henry).  Same for their defense (he also sucked as a DC in Houston).  They finished with 10+ wins only twice in 6 years, and in those 2 seasons, they got bounced in their first playoff game without scoring 20 points in either.

And to me, it is telling that NFL fans are higher on Mike Vrabel than Titans fans are.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I'd be floored with Evans signed with us under any circumstances. At his age he'll be ring chasing and I can't imagine he won't have plenty of contending teams vying for his services. Signing with a 2-win team makes zero sense regardless as to how much you loved your OC that you knew for 6 months.

People said the same thing about DeAndre Hopkins and he signed with the Titans.

Players will generally sign with the team offering them the best contract.  Yeah they want to win but they also want to get paid, and Mike Evans has already won a ring.  So he has even more incentive than Hopkins to take the best deal presented to him.  And I don't think it would be shocking at all to see Evans go with the team employing his former OC as head coach.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Much like tee higgins, why would either come here?

Because money.

Otherwise, Tee Higgins would just re-sign with Cincy if he wanted a guarantee to keep winning.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Much like tee higgins, why would either come here?

Careers are short in the NFL, its largely a myth that they go to the best situation, they like to say that but ultimately the money talks. If two contracts are similar, then sure the situations are the tiebreaker.

If we offer Mike Evans/Higgins the most money/years, they will sign here.

5 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Careers are short in the NFL, its largely a myth that they go to the best situation, they like to say that but ultimately the money talks. If two contracts are similar, then sure the situations are the tiebreaker.

If we offer Mike Evans/Higgins the most money/years, they will sign here.

Especially guaranteed money.