• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

3 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

Ok sorry I’ll rephrase. They had a good running back. Are you happy? 

holy crap people are on this board are miserable.

TB ran only to set up play action. And give Baker room to move the pocket. That could actually work with Young too.  I hope so. Being less predictable would be nice. Fact is though AT being our best weapon needs to change. Also love Chubba but that straight line with little wiggle don't work every down. We need to get a guy that can run outside too and cut through the lane and explode. So a faster and more explosive back is necessary. Chubba would be a amazing change of pace back but he ain't the one. It's a luxury pick but we need to catch lightning in the bottle at RB to offset our current ineptitude in the passing game. Big play WR, big play RB and better oline play needs to happen along with a huge leap by Young.  Then we might compete. Defense can't fall off at the same time. So yeah two year rebuild easy.  

11 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I need to hear what he says in the presser. If we’re still on board the Bryce plan I’m out.

Who cares what any of them have to say? Talk is cheap and only serves to feed stupid fan bickering at this point - it shows up on the field or it doesn't count. At this point, they could all be dead silent until next season and it would be great. The signings, draft, and roster moves will speak louder than any words can.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

To be fair, that has to do more with Rachaad White than Canales. White is a great pass catching RB but not a great runner.

Tampa’s yards per attempt actually went up this year.

2022 - 3.4 yards per attempt

2023 - 3.6 yards per attempt

They call that coping around here 

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Its promising....need to see how the offensive weapons issue is addressed this offseason though.  And I hope we can hold onto Evero too.

Evero should leave

Edited by AceBoogie

I’m working on a thread about this in my head but I don’t think Bryce can even run canales offense. 

Bryce struggled to run play action out of center because a.) his footwork is terrible and b.) he doesn’t turn his back from the line because he can’t reorient fast enough.

He’s so short that when he turns back around he has to find his windows again. That’s why when the panthers did run PA from center they were roll outs. That let Bryce get out of the pocket and buy time to reread the defense. 

also his footwork is so bad he can’t turn and get set with any power. He has to sell that, with timing, and immediately pop up and know where his receivers are. Also, he struggles at second level throws over receivers because he can’t see them over defenders. The whole point of PA is opening up the second lvl by pulling in linebackers. 

and Bryce doesn’t sell his play action at all. We all watched him kinda walk backwards and twitch towards the rb while keeping his eye down field. His pa looks like he’s going ab twists with a medicine ball. 

And running a PA game from the spread doesn’t work the same because you don’t have that pause where the linebackers have to wait and see what you’re doing. This guys wr time to get into their routes. That doesn’t exist when you just kinda fake a handoff from the gun while never looking away from your wr. 

this is gonna be a disaster. 

17 hours ago, frankw said:

You shined Scott Fitterer's shoes more than anyone else in the Carolinas. There's no reason you can't be at least optimistic we didn't hire a retread.

As always Tepper and his wife are the wildcard here. No argument.

I’ll take a retread with proven success over a guy that’s done absolutely nothing in this league. He’s actually unqualified for the job, just like Rhule and Joe Brady were. Let’s call it what it is, another guy they “liked”. And we both know what the fug that means. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’m working on a thread about this in my head but I don’t think Bryce can even run canales offense. 

Bryce struggled to run play action out of center because a.) his footwork is terrible and b.) he doesn’t turn his back from the line because he can’t reorient fast enough.

He’s so short that when he turns back around he has to find his windows again. That’s why when the panthers did run PA from center they were roll outs. That let Bryce get out of the pocket and buy time to reread the defense. 

also his footwork is so bad he can’t turn and get set with any power. He has to sell that, with timing, and immediately pop up and know where his receivers are. Also, he struggles at second level throws over receivers because he can’t see them over defenders. The whole point of PA is opening up the second lvl by pulling in linebackers. 

and Bryce doesn’t sell his play action at all. We all watched him kinda walk backwards and twitch towards the rb while keeping his eye down field. His pa looks like he’s going ab twists with a medicine ball. 

And running a PA game from the spread doesn’t work the same because you don’t have that pause where the linebackers have to wait and see what you’re doing. This guys wr time to get into their routes. That doesn’t exist when you just kinda fake a handoff from the gun while never looking away from your wr. 

this is gonna be a disaster. 

You can put it all on Bryce, but he’s not even in the top 5 reasons of why an unqualified coach is going to fail. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You can put it all on Bryce, but he’s not even in the top 5 reasons of why an unqualified coach is going to fail. 

Oh for sure. 

im just saying if canales sold himself by convincing tepper he could run the same offense….well fuging good for him. Get paid man. It’s not like this team is ever going to be competitive again. 

31 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I honestly hope it works, but you do make a point.  A brand new green head coach that was hired to "fix" an undersized qb that had a historically bad season has the potential to go south pretty quickly.