• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Room Overhaul

ncfan

Just now, jb2288 said:

Yeah not seeing that. TMJ is atrocious. Mingo is raw and not well coached. 

Yeah this is basically the same BS people said about TMJ.

The truth is, if you suck as badly as Mingo did as a rookie, you rarely pull out of that nosedive.

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah this is basically the same BS people said about TMJ.

The truth is, if you suck as badly as Mingo did as a rookie, you rarely pull out of that nosedive.

I don’t know about that. Mingo had like 450 this year in a horrible offense and had some really impressive flashes. TMJ had what? 200 yards total his rookie year? I think I remember one play he’s even done that stood out and pretty sure that was year 2. 

24 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I don’t know about that. Mingo had like 450 this year in a horrible offense and had some really impressive flashes. TMJ had what? 200 yards total his rookie year? I think I remember one play he’s even done that stood out and pretty sure that was year 2. 

Again, I watched the games. Mingo had maybe 2-4 impressive plays while playing about 89%(910 snaps) of the offensive snaps for the games he played. Compare that to TMJ's rookie campaign of 48%( 422 snaps) of offensive snaps.

Also, Mingo's catch percentage is insanely low and his drops are high in comparison to TMJ.

They both suck.

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Again, I watched the games. Mingo had maybe 2-4 impressive plays while playing about 89%(910 snaps) of the offensive snaps for the games he played. Compare that to TMJ's rookie campaign of 48%( 422 snaps) of offensive snaps.

Also, Mingo's catch percentage is insanely low and his drops are high in comparison to TMJ.

They both suck.

Mingo's drop percentage was 2.4 percent (TMJ: 3% in 2023) according to playerprofiler.com. of course Mingo's catch percentage was low because of all the garbage throws that came his way. Catch rate is hardly a legit stat without context.   Furthermore his "True Catch Rate" was 91.5 percent. 

You are busy comparing rookie campaigns, but fail to acknowledge that TMJ has had many more opportunities to get on the field over three years, but hasn't impressed enough to do so. He was even allowed to cast lines to other clubs, but he obviously didn't get any bites. Moreover, he had better QB play than rookie Mingo (as hard as that is to believe).

Just now, countryboi said:

the most likely answer is to sign either Higgins or Evans, and pair him with Thielen, Mingo and Lesser FA like Hollywood Brown or Curtis Samuel. even with this group I would still draft in the 2nd or 3rd.

I honestly can't fathom a situation in which we don't draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. We'd have to be damn impressive in FA to be able to not worry about WR early in the draft.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Steelo said:

I honestly can't fathom a situation in which we don't draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. We'd have to be damn impressive in FA to be able to not worry about WR early in the draft.

I dont see a situation where they dont try very hard to give Bryce someone elite to throw too.

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

I dont see a situation where they dont try very hard to give Bryce someone elite to throw too.

I would def agree with this. Unless we land both Evans and Higgins I’d wager they’d still pick a WR in the 2nd/3rd if he’s BPA

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Mingo's drop percentage was 2.4 percent (TMJ: 3% in 2023) according to playerprofiler.com. of course Mingo's catch percentage was low because of all the garbage throws that came his way. Catch rate is hardly a legit stat without context.   Furthermore his "True Catch Rate" was 91.5 percent. 

You are busy comparing rookie campaigns, but fail to acknowledge that TMJ has had many more opportunities to get on the field over three years, but hasn't impressed enough to do so. He was even allowed to cast lines to other clubs, but he obviously didn't get any bites. Moreover, he had better QB play than rookie Mingo (as hard as that is to believe).

Even without an obvious statistical comparison, Mingo is EXTREMELY obviously not an NFL caliber player.

This isn't even a close one. He is an insane bust.

This is a good draft for WR.  I would watch this kid from Western KY--Corley--great YAC guy--in the third or fourth.  He would be great as a play action WR or screen--Bryce needs a guy like that. I also would not be too surprised to see us grab another one at 33. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Even without an obvious statistical comparison, Mingo is EXTREMELY obviously not an NFL caliber player.

This isn't even a close one. He is an insane bust.

You're right. It's not close. You're off base.

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

They both suck.

By the way, you aren't the only one that watched the games.