• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons gonna Falcon

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Doesn’t scare me as a hire at all. Canales is the much more exciting hire on the right side of the ball 

It should scare you. Falcons only weakness is QB. I think they have the resources to get a QB via draft or trade.

I expect them to win the division next year.

I gotta diverge from the Huddle here…. I actually think it’s a good hire. Morris has come a long way since he was the head coach of the Bucs. He spent time under Mike Shanahan in Washington, Kyle Shanahan in Atlanta, and Sean McVay in LA. That’s a pretty great group of coaches to work under to hone your craft. And it wasn’t like he was a total failure in Tampa when he was really young. Josh Freeman’s Adderall season was pretty solid. 

I was hoping they were going to hire Belichick. 

• Pie 1

I think this is a better hire than Vrabel or Belichik would have been for them. He's a good coach who a lot of players want to abd will play for.

I wasn't worried about them getting Belichik cause I think he's done. Vrabel would have been a Reich style hire.

It caught me off guard. I don't consider him a retread because it's been over 10 years since he was one and he was really young when it happened.

I wanted Canales more,but my 2nd and 3rd options were (not in order) Evero and Morris.

Again I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I think this makes them more of a long term threat in the NFCS.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think this is a better hire than Vrabel or Belichik would have been for them. He's a good coach who a lot of players want to abd will play for.

There is some reasoning that Vrabel would want Smith to return as his oc. Even if that wouldn't be happening in Atlanta, the connection might be awkward.

So, in regards to Morris, they had him there as the interim post-Quinn. He wasn't good enough then, but 3 seasons later?

Atlanta is a qb away from being something. Morris helps with that how?

I don't really care either way, I just think it's an odd choice, but that's probably me.

Edited by UnluckyforSome

55 minutes ago, t96 said:

lol wow. 21-38 career record as HC including a 4-7 stint as Falcons interim HC already. definition of bad retread hire.

I wouldn't have been upset if the Panthers hired Morris. The interim stint I don't hold against him and his proper HC record was 13 years ago. Raheem has paid his dues, he was promoted to HC when he was like 32 years old. He could flame out still, but low key I think this hire could work out better than if they had gotten Belichick.