• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

55 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where a kid is drafted is immediately  meaningless the second he steps on the field

The most obvious comparison for Bryce is Trey Lance, based on where he was drafted, and what SF paid to get him. He got 2 seasons (8 games).

Of course, they had a loaded team and no time to wait. And a good front office. What are the odds we find a Brock Purdy?

But if we've learned anything about Tepper, it's that he's not a "sunk costs" guy.

Edited by djp14
  • Pie 1

Bryce will get another season with no competition because of sunk cost. Nothing else. 

If Corral (a 3rd rounder) played all season and did what Young did, no one would be required to “fix” him and run it back. 

If Canales/Morgan don’t have a plan B, then the season has a high potential to be a complete waste of time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

Bryce will get another season with no competition because of sunk cost. Nothing else. 

If Corral (a 3rd rounder) played all season and did what Young did, no one would be required to “fix” him and run it back. 

If Canales/Morgan don’t have a plan B, then the season has a high potential to be a complete waste of time. 

back to tank mode

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where a kid is drafted is immediately  meaningless the second he steps on the field

Once a true assessment is made yeah, that should be the case, but while certain things may be reading apparent a true assessment that can and should take some time. The business side can unfortunately have a significant impact on the leeway provided in said assessment.

Edited by KSpan

3 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

You don’t get drafted first overall without there being talent there. There is nothing assumed about it. Whether that talent can translate is a different question but the talent remains. 

Simply put no QB could succeed given the circumstances this past season. Did Bryce contribute to those circumstances. Yes. Do you give up on the rookie because of that? No. 

That’s the question being discussed here. Change the scheme, get better coaching around him, fix the oline, add some receivers. 

If he is still playing bad after that then obviously you move on. But you can’t expect a successful franchise if you are so flippant with highly rated players not living up when you give them poo situations. 

it’s been proven countless times a QBs landing spot and situation is the biggest determiner of success. 

And for the umpteenth time 'success' doesn't necessarily mean wins and losses. There were still plenty of things to fairly assess Bryce on and he was not impressive on those things in his control. Coupled with the obvious objective physical limitations, it is fair to say his singular performance was poor and that he has challenges to improvement that other QBs don't face.

What's done is done. We're going to have to watch if he hits his Teddy 2.0 potential or not and hope the team around him becomes perfect enough to enable it. Not an ideal situation though.

• Pie 2

Any smart qb would have done what Bryce did- only throw in tight windows to a guy who can catch it. I wouldn’t trust belly-catchers Mingo or Chark with any tight window throw either. Either they are wide open or move on with your reads. Mingo should be boxing out and throwing CB’s around like rag dolls if he was worth a crap. He’s trying to AJ green instead of AJ brown.

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Corral probably would have won another game or two with his running ability lol. If the offense is clicking sans Bryce by like week 5 and he's not benched then we'll know it's the Tepper show for real

1 hour ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Any smart qb would have done what Bryce did- only throw in tight windows to a guy who can catch it. I wouldn’t trust belly-catchers Mingo or Chark with any tight window throw either. Either they are wide open or move on with your reads. Mingo should be boxing out and throwing CB’s around like rag dolls if he was worth a crap. He’s trying to AJ green instead of AJ brown.

Mingo is not a belly catcher, and neither is Chark. 

If you like, look at the vid beginning at about the 16 minute mark.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/232373-wr-room-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=6410806

You guys need to stop making things up just to make Young look better than he was. He needs to get better, which is the whole point.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Corral probably would have won another game or two with his running ability lol. If the offense is clicking sans Bryce by like week 5 and he's not benched then we'll know it's the Tepper show for real

You may be right about Corral.

I still hate the way things went with him. He got a taw deal.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You may be right about Corral.

I still hate the way things went with him. He got a taw deal.

Yeah, no.  No he didnt.  He mentally cannot handle the nfl.  If he can play qb in the nfl he would be on someones roster.  He fall for a reason and fat fug fitt bite the hook. 

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Mingo is not a belly catcher, and neither is Chark. 

If you like, look at the vid beginning at about the 16 minute mark.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/232373-wr-room-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=6410806

You guys need to stop making things up just to make Young look better than he was. He needs to get better, which is the whole point.

I don’t need to watch that video when I watched every play.  not saying Bruce is amazong, but I don’t blame him for being gun shy with those wastes of paychecks 

Edited by Ghostofdelhomme

1 minute ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

I don’t need to watch that video when I watched every play.  not saying Bruce is amazong, but I don’t blame him for being gun shy with those wastes of paychecks 

Whatever. I'll tell you like I told Kunfoodude, y'all ain't the only ones that watched the game. And, yes, I watched every single play of the season.