• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks owning Dan Campbell yet again.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Man this thread is just a bunch of hate. 

Lemme try and explain this one last time...

There's nothing wrong with not having a high level of football knowledge. Plenty of people don't. Nothing wrong with that.

The reason people make fun of you is because you brag like you do know football even while your comments pretty clearly demonstrate you don't know jack.

Quit the moronic Jim Rome / Colin Cowherd routine and no one will have an issue with you.

Keep it up and you deserve whatever sh-t gets thrown at you.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lemme try and explain this one last time...

There's nothing wrong with not having a high level of football knowledge. Plenty of people don't. Nothing wrong with that.

The reason people make fun of you is because you brag like you do know football even while your comments pretty clearly demonstrate you don't know jack.

Quit the moronic Jim Rome / Colin Cowherd routine and no one will have an issue with you.

Keep it up and you deserve whatever sh-t gets thrown at you.

Bingo

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lol nobody happy for Wilks.

Shows you people just hated this dude. Look at the poo emojis. You love to expose the haters lmao

DC Catch Up: Steve Wilks Talks New Role with 49ers, Game Plan for 2023

I can be happy for Wilks without twisting the narrative. He seems like a good dude. He's a good defensive coach. And the Lions completely blew that game all the same. Wilks had nothing to do with the comedy of unforced errors that was the Lions' 3rd quarter. His D would've still been getting shredded if the Lions didn't forget how to catch a football for 15 minutes.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Willy I thought you was with me on this.smh

Wilks gets no love around here. I guess we just happy for CMC.

I like Wilks, but he's not the reason they won. Detroit dropped the ball repeatedly and Dan went for it twice on 4th down like he has been doing all year instead of kicking a field goal. 

The play that turned the game around was the Aiyuk 51 yard bounce and catch. That play shifted the momentum of the game. Purdy and the offense went bonkers and put the Detroit D on their heels. 

Wilks is going to the SB and I'm   happy for him, but I have no illusions that 4 quartes of Wilks' defensive play calling was responsible for getting them there. 

Dan Campbell took a god awful team and got them a few plays from a Super Bowl in 3 years. Saying he needs to learn how to coach is a damn foolish thing to say. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can be happy for Wilks without twisting the narrative. He seems like a good dude. He's a good defensive coach. And the Lions completely blew that game all the same. Wilks had nothing to do with the comedy of unforced errors that was the Lions' 3rd quarter. His D would've still been getting shredded if the Lions didn't forget how to catch a football for 15 minutes.

It's not a narrative. He's literally 2-0 vs Campbell.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I like Wilks, but he's not the reason they won. Detroit dropped the ball repeatedly and Dan went for it twice on 4th down like he has been doing all year instead of kicking a field goal. 

The play that turned the game around was the Aiyuk 51 yard bounce and catch. That play shifted the momentum of the game. Purdy and the offense went bonkers and put the Detroit D on their heels. 

Wilks is going to the SB and I'm   happy for him, but I have no illusions that 4 quartes of Wilks' defensive play calling was responsible for getting them there. 

Dan Campbell took a god awful team and got them a few plays from a Super Bowl in 3 years. Saying he needs to learn how to coach is a damn foolish thing to say. 

Saying Wilks was not the reason they won is also a foolish thing to say.

That game was over at halftime. Wilks got that defense playing in the 2nd half. If he was not the reason they won the game should have been a blowout.

Cmon Willy it goes both ways.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Saying Wilks was not the reason they won is also a foolish thing to say.

That game was over at halftime. Wilks got that defense playing in the 2nd half. If he was not the reason they won the game should have been a blowout.

Cmon Willy it goes both ways.

See, that's a narrative. You conveniently leave out the numerous dropped passes. The dropped INT turned 50+ yard completion. The numerous missed tackles. The Niners did play better against the run. But the real change was the Lions simply could not catch a football. They were still getting open they just weren't catching balls.

You have to assume this guy didn't watch the game.

The Lions had:

more total yards

more passing yards

more rushing yards

more first downs

more total plays

And he's creating a trolling thread about the Niners winning becuase of defense when it was drops and poor decisions by the Lions? 

• Pie 1