• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There’s hope for Tepper…. Jed York example

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

About the only thing he’s gotten right so far is the logo at midfield and bringing soccer to CLT, although I’m sure most of you don’t really care about the latter. 

Nobody cares ab that sissy soccer team 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Given what we've seen of Tepper over the past 6 years, I have no idea if he's learned his lesson.

The start to the off season right now is going better.  Now If he can allow the football guys to do their job...  That's a really BIG IF!  I'm not sure he can tamp down on his own ego enough to do so.

I'd love to see Tepper fade into obscurity or stick out as a big dorky fanboy.  He needs to get his name out of the news for meddling.  No more owner spies.  Sit and enjoy the dinners, but don't ask football questions.  It's fine to be a rich fan with access.  It's another to sit here and try to run the team like Jerry Jones....

19 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, that is the one potential positive with Tepper.  He isn't going to keep doing the same thing.  He might do the wrong thing.  But after a wrong, he makes a noticeable change in approach.  So there is at least reflection into what went wrong or wasn't working. 

Rhule was drastically different than Ron, Frank drastically different than Rhule, new hire is pretty different than Frank.   Rhule era was Retread QBs, Frank era was selling out to get the best possible draft pick QB possible.  I mean, Tepper isn't stubbornly doing the same wrong thing over and over.  He is at least trying to find a secret sauce that works out. 

Frank would have been content to go retread with Derek Carr, just like they did in Indy every year. It made no sense to me that he was the choice with this vision, but I think Tepper was honed in on the idea that he wanted NFL HC experience after hiring a guy with none in Rhule. 

If Bryce ends up busting, expect Tepper to look for a QB that's 6'10" to compensate.

• Beer 2

If Frank wanted to do that maybe he wasn’t sold on either prospect being a franchise QB. Or maybe that was pretty early on, possibly before the trade up? If you don’t see the answer at #9, punting with a proven player is maybe the wisest move even though it is the least fun. 

Man, Tepper plays the game like a Vegas whale. A wanna be shark chasing everything that swims. and the flashier the better. 

And then you see the sow’s ear he came out of it all with, after all his maneuvering ... he just needs to get out of the player evaluation loop. Period. 

I have a proposition for people: give Dave the 7th round pick every year to take whoever he wants, and stay the hell out of it otherwise. Deal? Okay, the 6th round. You can have it, every year. Whoever you want.  Deal? 

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, rayzor said:

Well he has handled this hiring season different than the previous ones.

He wanted a splash and a show and he made himself highly visible throughout. This time through we get none of that.

I know partly it could be sometimes you get who you can get. With Morgan, on a lot of levels he makes sense. And then it's pretty obvious that while Tepper had someone else he was hit for and he's shown in the past that he's willing to wait and do all he can to persuade the guy he wants (even Deshaun Watson), he went with Morgan's guy who I'm sure sold Tepper on FBhim as the guy who can take care of the bulk of this teams problems.

Point is I think he's stepping away from the spotlight/attention (which all he was able to do was make himself look like a pompous spoiled billionaire jackass). I think he's delegating the hiring process to someone else, and he'll hopefully be eliminating himself from the acquisition of players and running of the team.

My hope is that he and his wife just disappears from public and that people forget he owns the team too.

has he or is he just telling everybody in the world in press releases he has while also stating the new hires will report directly to him. publicly.

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Nobody cares ab that sissy soccer team 

Charlotte/Mecklenburg County is the first county on the US to have more births of Hispanic children than White children. This happened back in the early 2000s.

If you've seen the attendance at those games Charlotte FC games it is predominantly Hispanic and thus fuels the interest level in that team and sport.

Just stating the facts as they are. 

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Charlotte/Mecklenburg County is the first county on the US to have more births of Hispanic children than White children. This happened back in the early 2000s.

If you've seen the attendance at those games Charlotte FC games it is predominantly Hispanic and thus fuels the interest level in that team and sport.

Tepper hate aside.  FC tickets are cheap and good (relatively speaking vs football).  I've enjoyed the few I have attended.   No emotional attachment but it's a nice thing to randomly go do IMO. 

• Pie 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:44 PM, PghPanther said:

Hispanic is a language group, not a race. It's like calling all white people Anglos despite the entire rest of Europe.

If you mean Latino kids, then I'm going to ask for the source of your information because there are a lot of counties in the US that are predominantly Latino. Plus, you know, Puerto Rico exists.

7 hours ago, Chimera said:

Hispanic is a language group, not a race. It's like calling all white people Anglos despite the entire rest of Europe.

If you mean Latino kids, then I'm going to ask for the source of your information because there are a lot of counties in the US that are predominantly Latino. Plus, you know, Puerto Rico exists.

I'm well aware of that................the challenge in any definition is the huge mix of races among Central and South Americans...........there are European/African and/or Central American Indian DNA in the ancestry of what is loosely defined as such. 

I will say that people who as a rule tend to be small in height with copper colored skin and black hair with dark brown eyes often have American Indian DNA that is either related to Aztec, Inca or Native US Indian background is demographically commonly referred to in marketing as Hispanic and/or Latino...........those people are most often from Central American countries where in most cases soccer is the national sport of preference and since they represent such a large demographic in the Charlotte area they fill the stands at Charlotte FC games..........

Using the word race is a matter of simplicity in my illustration figuring most people understand what I'm trying to say........but you are correct in that Hispanic/Latino backgrounds are identified as an ethnic group that may not be genetically of one race but a mix of other races and therefore are technically not a specific race per say.

I'm Celtic (Irish, Scotch, Welsh) which is not a race but rather an ethic identify but most Celtics are White (as you pointed out).........while most Hispanics and Latinos with copper colored skin tend to have Western Indian DNA.

The initial point of my response to the poster who said "nobody cares about the Charlotte FC" was that in fact a demographic shift over the last 30 years in Charlotte has a significant segment of the population who in fact do care about Charlotte FC and therefore attend those events...........

Edited by PghPanther