• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Targets

@top dawg looks like your boy showed up and snagged MVP honors for the game. At times he is the best player on the field. If he was consistent, he'd be a top 25 guy. Idk if I take him rnd 2 or 3 with our needs but he'll yes in the 4th. He might work his way into a top 60 pick though in the post season showcases.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/1/2024 at 1:48 PM, Bear Hands said:

Brugler reported Legette has been having a lot of trouble and is definitely a faller so far. 

Don't get caught up in the NFL size, he's not been a consistent producer in his college career.  That's the very reason I wasn't very high on Mingo. While Mingo had the better career than Legette, he still didn't put up the numbers that I would expect for a #1 guy in college in a pass happy offense.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

So Penix is off my board. Last minute scratch was weak. Nix is testing my resolve. He had a chance to show he doesn't only live on short throws and all the practice reports really hold him for it. We don't need another 10yards and under guy. I'd say nix is off as of today. He's gotta show more at the combine and pro day.

If we are going to force a WR at #33, we very well could be looking at WR7 or WR8.  Screw Fitterer and David Tepper. So disappointing to know where we could be this draft and the crumbs we actually have.  I know, you 'make lemonade out of lemons' and hopefully Dan Morgan can.  As a guy who usually enjoys the draft process, last draft and this one has absolutely sucked for me.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, chbright said:

So Penix is off my board. Last minute scratch was weak. Nix is testing my resolve. He had a chance to show he doesn't only live on short throws and all the practice reports really hold him for it. We don't need another 10yards and under guy. I'd say nix is off as of today. He's gotta show more at the combine and pro day.

Those 6 year seniors always worry me, especially after Pickett. I mean they are 23-24 playing against 18-20 year old players. Both also struggled earlier in other conferences. Penix’s injury history behind our OL is just a terrible idea as well. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If we are going to force a WR at #33, we very well could be looking at WR7 or WR8.  Screw Fitterer and David Tepper. So disappointing to know where we could be this draft and the crumbs we actually have.  I know, you 'make lemonade out of lemons' and hopefully Dan Morgan can.  As a guy who usually enjoys the draft process, last draft and this one has absolutely sucked for me.

Hey, Ladd McConkey, Xavier Leggette, Keon Coleman...I'll take any of them.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Hey, Ladd McConkey, Xavier Leggette, Keon Coleman...I'll take any of them.

Take? Sure, but are they the best value?  Coleman possibly.  At this rate I'd rather trade down some and get some bonus picks.  Leggette should be there several picks later.  One thing I did agree with Fitterer on is his philosophy on immediate impact players only being in that first 15-20 picks.  So #33 or lets say #37 in a trade down, you are getting the caliber of guy.

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Take? Sure, but are they the best value?  Coleman possibly.  At this rate I'd rather trade down some and get some bonus picks.  Leggette should be there several picks later.  One thing I did agree with Fitterer on is his philosophy on immediate impact players only being in that first 15-20 picks.  So #33 or lets say #37 in a trade down, you are getting the caliber of guy.

Honestly, it's arguable that waiting to draft receivers in the second round actually lends itself to a  better return on investment. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-first-round-wide-receiver-production-compare-second-round

And don't sleep on McConkey. He's certainly the type of player that you absolutely want on your team.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

On 2/2/2024 at 4:36 PM, rayzor said:

2nd thoughts about leggette if he can't get separation I don't want him.

Route running, quickness, and separation should be the top traits when filtering WR prospects this year. Big fan of McMillan (WAS) and Mitchell (TEX) with that in mind.

No more larger guys with highlight reel catches.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 1/30/2024 at 3:01 PM, 4Corners said:

Cedric Gray. 
going to be in the NFL HOF. 

I agree.  He is a difference maker and even if LB is not the biggest need, he would make the biggest impact long term.  People need to watch this guy on tape--

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Don't get caught up in the NFL size, he's not been a consistent producer in his college career.  That's the very reason I wasn't very high on Mingo. While Mingo had the better career than Legette, he still didn't put up the numbers that I would expect for a #1 guy in college in a pass happy offense.

Yeah, the more I saw him at the SR Bowl the more I thought "Fool's gold".  More of the same.  I am not sure I see things as Canales, but I am thinking we need YAC guys--and good route runners who are disciplined, not just better athletes--Ladd?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, chbright said:

@top dawg looks like your boy showed up and snagged MVP honors for the game. At times he is the best player on the field. If he was consistent, he'd be a top 25 guy. Idk if I take him rnd 2 or 3 with our needs but he'll yes in the 4th. He might work his way into a top 60 pick though in the post season showcases.

They kind of guy Canales can mold.   Jalen Hurts II?