• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandt Tilis hire official - Executive VP of Football Operations

Mr. Scot

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also, not that it likely matters to anybody but people like me and @magnus but the Panthers staff page now lists everybody down to the area scouts.

https://www.panthers.com/team/football-staff

Used to be you could only see info on those folks if you downloaded the media guide.

I’ve always been of the opinion, and said before that not much will change until the scouting department is overhauled. 
The number of draft picks that we’ve missed on is inexcusable.

I know that a few of those scouts are holdovers (Cole spencer, morrow). Not sure how culpable they are/were in the terrible drafting but we couldn’t have been much worse in the last few years.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mills said:

I’ve always been of the opinion, and said before that not much will change until the scouting department is overhauled. 

I know that a few of those scouts are holdovers (Cole spencer, morrow). Not sure how culpable they are/were in the terrible drafting but we couldn’t have been much worse in the last few years.

That's the kind of change you likely won't see till after the draft of it happens.

• Pie 3

Where he and Dan start investing cap money will go a long way in turning this team around. This team is in no shape or form of handing franchise money to anyone.  It's way to void of talent to pay $30M contracts in one player.  They need multiple players for that money. Or they can continue the Marty Hurney way and tie up cap in one player hoping they live up to it.

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, Mills said:

Absolutely awful. Just awful.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also, not that it likely matters to anybody but people like me and @magnus but the Panthers staff page now lists everybody down to the area scouts.

Used to be you could only see info on those folks if you downloaded the media guide.

Spencer and Kirskey are still here. Survived Rhule and Reich leading the college scouting front.  Still a bit of a concern given the results these past few years.  But what do I know ha

22 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Spencer and Kirskey are still here. Survived Rhule and Reich leading the college scouting front.  Still a bit of a concern given the results these past few years.  But what do I know ha

For the moment.

Check again after the draft...

• Beer 1

we need somebody to get the players healthy so we don't have all of the hamstring problems we keep having during the season !

• Pie 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:40 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Especially trying to remember people from years' past. 

I think it's kinda cool that they actually list these guys out now.  I find it funky there's only one pro scout under two directors of pro scouting (all of which nebulously may be under Adrian Wilson, or Morgan?)

That said it's worth remembering that they just kinda make all these titles up.   Jeff Morrow had a new title every single year, possibly while turning down other jobs, or to reflect new responsibilities, before he went on to be a Senior scout.   Which I 

Everybody has a smattering of area scouts, national scouts.  I'm not sure why Carolina doesn't have someone sent to BLESTO or National services.    But anything above that, the titles are just whatever.   I've spent a lot of time staring at staff pages and I couldn't tell you why a "Player Personnel" guy generally outranks a pro or college director, how a guy like Pat Stewart would be a VP but not be under a President, how several different directors seem to have a head up on others.   

Maybe it's just negotiated, but hierarchy's absolutely just made up and nobody's ever really chosen to make such a thing standardized. 

On 1/31/2024 at 8:34 PM, 4Corners said:

Wow check out the head athletic trainer Kevin King. 

You’d think he would be head of communications 

m7gxuo3rsti5ghcjtrs5.jpg

Come on guys.  Be better than that.   

You know after civil defense stopped using the long haul microwave network, you have to repurpose those towers.

Edited by magnus
link. Also, your mother had me busy.