• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

8 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

Really?

What a stupid comment, leader in clubhouse for most asisnine comment in 2024!  😄

I thought it was a helluva press conference, both guys were great -- and anyone dumb enought to f**K with Dan "The Man" Morgan is going to be taught a harsh lesson!!

Let's Get It ON!!!!!

Why’d you edit my post so….unnecessarily? Stop being weird. We all want the team to win 

2 hours ago, RJK said:

Fingers crossed that Morgan was...not just an inept sycophant.

You truly believe "inept sycophant" is in the set of possible outcomes as it relates to Dan "The Man" Morgan?

Because that's exactly what you wrote...

Facts are facts, and there are circumstances behind them. The part about him and Fitterer being friends makes me wonder. I can just say, Dan talks like a guy who had to bite his lip a lot. 

This just occurred to me though, right now. I think it’s funny. 

I watched the PC in the last hour. Canales said some things of substance but he also pissed me off several times with his putting the players on a pedestal. I have heard people say that the kids nowadays need to be coddled, and he was coddling away. 

And Morgan was all John Fox you aren’t tough enough. 

It was textbook good cop bad cop. Sort of. 

Now I am confused. But I’ll say, this guy has said a couple of things I really like.  and for sure so has Morgan. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, strato said:

Facts are facts, and there are circumstances behind them. The part about him and Fitterer being friends makes me wonder. I can just say, Dan talks like a guy who had to bite his lip a lot. 

This just occurred to me though, right now. I think it’s funny. 

I watched the PC in the last hour. Canales said some things of substance but he also pissed me off several times with his putting the players on a pedestal. I have heard people say that the kids nowadays need to be coddled, and he was coddling away. 

And Morgan was all John Fox you aren’t tough enough. 

It was textbook good cop bad cop. Sort of. 

Now I am confused. But I’ll say, this guy has said a couple of things I really like.  and for sure so has Morgan. 

They aren't kids.

4 hours ago, strato said:

Dan talks like a guy who had to bite his lip a lot. 

I think it comes off that way too.  There is a reason he got this job and it's not to be a yes man.    Tepper wants to win.  Badly.  Sometimes too badly which is why he meddled.   So why would Tepper want to promote a guy who wants to keep status quo from a team that was 2-15.    Morgan's interview had to be similar to this presser:  our team is soft, they are mentally weak.  We need to cut the chaff and bring in guys with grit.    My opinion at least.

• Pie 2

couple things that i went away with watching it...

1) unless your name is Bryce Young, no one on that roster was safe. Morgan kept referring to the old guys as far as what he's looking for and, more telling, that was what he wanted to bring in. he didn't talk about the guys on the roster currently having the fight that he was looking for. he didn't mention any of them. that was them being put on notice.

2) the whole offense is going to be built around what Bryce can do, but they were going to take what Bryce does and build on it. Help him get better at what he does naturally and then build around him. 

3) dan isn't going to mess around. what he did as an LB, he's going to do as a GM.

4) old players came back around just for show last year. this year it's because they support dan as GM and believe he can bring back what we've lost

5) dan pretty much called this team we've fielded the last couple years weak and impotent. he was a part of that, but it doesn't sound like he was happy with what was done and part of me thinks he was just sitting back and biding his time, let fitt hang himself and situate himself just right with tepper that he could be handed the reigns.

6) i really think that dan and canales are the right men for the job and their ability to work together is really going to get this team right. i'm just a fan of this stuation. 

all that said, only way to tell if these two are the right two is additions to the win column...but i'm starting to feel good about the direction the team is going. i've been wrong before. hopefully i won't this time.

btw...it's totally ok to feel ok and hopeful and optimistic about the team right now. the alternatives are either being apathetic or just flat out miserable. life's to short to be either of those two. look for the positive and allow yourself to be set up to be disappointed. gives you a break from the misery.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, rayzor said:

btw...it's totally ok to feel ok and hopeful and optimistic about the team right now. the alternatives are either being apathetic or just flat out miserable. life's to short to be either of those two. look for the positive and allow yourself to be set up to be disappointed. gives you a break from the misery.

Yeah, no. Bullcrap like this is the attitude that led to so much divisiveness last year when people dated to ask questions, and look who was right. Healthy skepticism/neutrality is not automatically indicative of either misery or apathy, and in fact can lead to some quality discussion if pollyannas/the rose-colored crew can handle it. I think that group is much smaller this time around than it was a year ago, but they still exist.

• Beer 1

After sleeping on it... For a person that does not believe in Bryce Young as a savior but rather views him as a huge mistake, this is a huge mistake.

Dan cannot be 'the man for the job' if he sticks with Young. But would never have gotten hired if he didn’t. I am confused.

Edited by strato

My hope is that if they build the team right, eventually they’ll see that it’s Bryce holding the team back and draft a new QB eventually. Kind of like what KC did with Alex Smith and Mahomes, and to a certain degree 49ers with Jimmy G - Lance - Purdy. 

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Yeah, no. Bullcrap like this is the attitude that led to so much divisiveness last year when people dated to ask questions, and look who was right. Healthy skepticism/neutrality is not automatically indicative of either misery or apathy, and in fact can lead to some quality discussion if pollyannas/the rose-colored crew can handle it. I think that group is much smaller this time around than it was a year ago, but they still exist.

what i've seen, though, is a crew who do nothing but poo all over any comment at all that comes across as positive or hopeful. doubts are fine  and to be expected, but to just come out and attack any remotely positive comment or take is just not necessary. some absolutely hate everything the panthers do now. i get that and it's probably deserved. but for those who are trying to find and may have found reasons to be hopeful, it's just not necessary. 

you may not be one of the miserable ones i was talking about, but there are a few who have been that. 

the main thing i was addressing, though, is i think there are some who want to feel hopeful and are struggling to and i was just giving them  permission. and they should feel free to do that without having someone who hasn't seen a reason to be hopeful attacking their traces of optimism. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

21 minutes ago, strato said:

After sleeping on it... For a person that does not believe in Bryce Young as a savior but rather views him as a huge mistake, this is a huge mistake.

Dan cannot be 'the man for the job' if he sticks with Young. But would never have gotten hired if he didn’t. I am confused.

you might be confused because you are not dan. the real dan does not view bryce as a mistake (which was part of the reason he was hired), neither does the owner of the team (which is why he hired someone who doesn't believe bryce was a mistake) and canales was given the job because of what he said he would be able to do with bryce. 

23 minutes ago, Manna said:

My hope is that if they build the team right, eventually they’ll see that it’s Bryce holding the team back and draft a new QB eventually. Kind of like what KC did with Alex Smith and Mahomes, and to a certain degree 49ers with Jimmy G - Lance - Purdy. 

It drives me insane how many people are still operating under the belief that if we just get a QB in plae we'll be good. This is the worst roster in the league without a shadow of doubt. Right now our only priority is building up the rest of the roster as opposed to wasting more assets chasing a QB only to play with the worst supporting cast in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

what i've seen, though, is a crew who do nothing but poo all over any comment at all that comes across as positive or hopeful. doubts are fine  and to be expected, but to just come out and attack any remotely positive comment or take is just not necessary. some absolutely hate everything the panthers do now. i get that and it's probably deserved. but for those who are trying to find and may have found reasons to be hopeful, it's just not necessary. 

you may not be one of the miserable ones i was talking about, but there are a few who have been that. 

the main thing i was addressing, though, is i think there are some who want to feel hopeful and are struggling to and i was just giving them  permission. and they should feel free to do that without having someone who hasn't seen a reason to be hopeful attacking their traces of optimism. 

That could be percevied as a double standard there, though I'll agree there are people that just seem to delight in trolling and/or are legitimately miserable. The whole point of engaging like this is for opinions to be shared, contrasted, and discussed, and if folks are going to express optimism then there are those who will engage with counterpoints as well. It's on them to recognize trolls vs legitimate pots and to discern accordingly, as lumping all other opinions into one bucket is not a good route.

Looking forward, I think a lot of eyes were opened this past season and things will be more balanced. My main rub with your statement though was the assertion that anyone who wasn't optimistic either doesn't care or is miserable. That simply isn't true.

In the end I don't think our views are that far off. It just sucks that the team sucks as badly as they do and have sucked for as long as they have.

• Pie 1