• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Hire Coach Rankings

Move Canales to 3. Mayo is going to do exactly nothing to change NE's trajectory, especially with the staff he hired... they will be back to the 80's patriots of old. Callahan didn't call plays. Canales has more upside than those two.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Morris will redeem himself, but Quinn is a WTF hire for Peters and the owners there in Washington. Like the total opposite of what they needed. You might as well have hired Belichick at that point.

Or Vrabel 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Move Canales to 3. Mayo is going to do exactly nothing to change NE's trajectory, especially with the staff he hired... they will be back to the 80's patriots of old. Callahan didn't call plays. Canales has more upside than those two.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Canales pick but the teams ahead are more set up for success so I will reserve judgement until I see results.

20 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

How would you rate the new HCs in the league? 

For me:

7. WAS-Quinn

6. ATL- Morris

5. CAR- Canales

4. TENN- Callahan

3. NE- Mayo

2. SEA- MacDonald

1. LAC- Harbaugh 

I’d have Canales at 3 or 4. I don’t seem much distance between Mayo, Callahan, and Canales.

2 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

I’d have Canales at 3 or 4. I don’t seem much distance between Mayo, Callahan, and Canales.

Trust me, I would like to rank Canales if he was put in a better situation but it's going to be a long road but at least it looks like Tepper may stay out of the operations side and just let Morgan and Canales do their thing... Hopefully it translates.

I will say that this new structure gives me 49ers vibes. Morgan as GM is basically Lynch. We got a young, promising HC in Canales (Shanahan), his right hand man in Idzick (McDaniels), and a rising star DC in Evero (Ryans). Not saying they will be as good as a 49ers but I feel like that is who they are emulating.

• Pie 1