• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

As ridiculous as it is to say that specific username and avatar are ban worthy, which it is ridiculous, it’s even more ridiculous to expect us to believe his debate with you played no role. The only thing that changed from him not being banned, to being banned, was arguing with you. Would he have still been banned if he were agreeing with you and posting opinions you agreed with?

Yeah.

We've banned plenty of folks who showed up just to rub Stroud in people's faces. Plenty of folks over the years who just showed up to talk about Cam.

If you show up with a trolling, baiting username and av and come to hammer one talking point over and over again you won't last long. That's always been the case.

The only difference this time is that we let it go on a lot longer than we generally do and honestly it was just out of laziness. It's like... oh wait, this is that guy with the trolling username and av. Why is he still here? Okay, bye.

It’s perfectly fine to believe Bryce showed some very real red flags in year one. Because I agree - I have my concerns.

But what choice do we have right now? We have no option but to give him another year. It’s like most people on this forum would rather go through another miserable season just so they can be proven right for random internet bragging rights. Are you even a fan of the team?

Bryce is going to be QB1 in 24 and there’s nothing we can do about it. The way I look at it, we have no choice but to hope he demonstrates real improvement and proves to be someone we can build around. You really think bringing in Gardner Minshew or Drew Lock right now is a better option?

Let’s just hope for the next 12 months he improves. If not? Guess what we’ll be awful again and can start fresh with another high pick

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

It’s perfectly fine to believe Bryce showed some very real red flags in year one. Because I agree - I have my concerns.

But what choice do we have right now? We have no option but to give him another year. It’s like most people on this forum would rather go through another miserable season just so they can be proven right for random internet bragging rights. Are you even a fan of the team?

Bryce is going to be QB1 in 24 and there’s nothing we can do about it. The way I look at it, we have no choice but to hope he demonstrates real improvement and proves to be someone we can build around. You really think bringing in Gardner Minshew or Drew Lock right now is a better option?

Let’s just hope for the next 12 months he improves. If not? Guess what we’ll be awful again and can start fresh with another high pick

Yep, Bryce is gonna be the starter next year like it or not. I do hope they allow a vet to push him in camp though. Whether that's Dalton or a guy like Minshew or Brissett. It's gonna be hard to install a new tougher mentality if you're treating one of your players with kid gloves.

• Pie 2

As for Bryce next year, I do think you have to try to surround him with weapons who are YAC threats. I'd consider going after ex-Panther Curtis Samuel as part of that effort. We need to improve the interior OL. Maybe that means sliding Icky inside and playing Christensen at LT to take advantage of Christensen's athleticism and Icky:s physicality. Bryce HAS to cleanup his footwork. He's not ready to throw in a split second and has to readjust to deliver the ball and that's also likely hurting his ability to drive the ball. He stands square to the LOS and then tries to reset and throw once he sees what he wants. That can work at Alabama. It's a lot tougher in the NFL.

Bryce has a lot he has to overcome in order to be successful. Give him every chance next year but he ready to move on if he doesn't deliver. It's on him now.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, Bryce is gonna be the starter next year like it or not. I do hope they allow a vet to push him in camp though. Whether that's Dalton or a guy like Minshew or Brissett. It's gonna be hard to install a new tougher mentality if you're treating one of your players with kid gloves.

I still can't get over the fact that he didn't throw at the combine. We also had to pull him to throw a hail Mary. How are people talking about arm strength? His own people doubt it based off of this.

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, carolinanimal said:

I still can't get over the fact that he didn't throw at the combine. We also had to pull him to throw a hail Mary. How are people talking about arm strength? His own people doubt it based off of this.

Exactly. If this were happening to one of our division rivals every one of these people would be laughing their asses off.

• Pie 7

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Exactly. If this were happening to one of our division rivals every one of these people would be laughing their asses off.

Oh, we'd absolutely be mocking our rivals.

I don't blame Bryce for not throwing though. He didn't need to. He knew he had the Panthers sold. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, we'd absolutely be mocking our rivals.

I don't blame Bryce for not throwing though. He didn't need to. He knew he had the Panthers sold. 

The trade up to #1  occurred the week after the Combine.

1 minute ago, csx said:

The trade up to #1  occurred the week after the Combine.

True. I couldn't recall when we finalized the trade.

I honestly think he just knew it was in his best interest not to. He showed up at the combine for one reason - to step on a scale over 200 pounds. Yeah, he hit the buffets hard to do it and hid in that hoodie all weekend to not show off the flab but he accomplished what he came to do. Throwing beside guys like Stroud, Richardson, Levis, etc. wasn't gonna be a good comparative look for him.

But I just don't blame any of this on the prospect. Your job as a draft prospect is to maximize your draft status, period. It's up to NFL front offices to wade through the available information and formulate their draft boards.

• Beer 2