• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD with a small role on the new staff?

Tbe

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd love to have him onboard in some type of role. The whole new staff is talking about instilling a tougher mentality. Who better to help with that than TD? The man literally has the scars to prove it. The ACLs, playing in the SB with his whole forearm stapled up from literally breaking his arm two weeks prior. Tougher than nails.

I couldn’t help but think Morgan’s “dawgs” comment wasn’t a calling out of Burns, Horn, etc. Guys always hurt or, in Burns’ own words, playing scared of being hurt. Morgan can easily point to TD as someone who never let thought of playing hurt or getting injured change how he played. 

6 hours ago, Tbe said:

Watched the vid again. TD says he’s ‘looking forward to the opportunity’. 

Heard it when I saw this the other day, he actually said something like “Looking forward to the opportunity to get to know you better” if I remember correctly.

But I’d still love to see him join the franchise in a coaching role, he’d get players to run through a brick wall for him.

32 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Heard it when I saw this the other day, he actually said something like “Looking forward to the opportunity to get to know you better” if I remember correctly.

But I’d still love to see him join the franchise in a coaching role, he’d get players to run through a brick wall for him.

Ah…I hear that now that you say it.

So maybe a big nothing burger, but who knows.

I think that so many people jumping on this comment (self definitely included) and probably making a mountain out of a mole hill is indicative of the total lack of identity they currently possess.  Would have been more excited if the exchange was between TD and Evero but beggars and all... That said I really hope these guys are more involved. 

I will always remember what TD’s forearm looked like for that Superbowl. 

That was real shame. That was first and only SB, and to have that happen. You knew he was playing, and you know it wasn’t the same as a healthy TD out there.