• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In other former coach news, Steve Wilks...

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Confused GIFs | GIFDB.com

I know this loser franchise has u dreaming of going .500 but that’s the definition of average brother and defense was nothing special under him and as has been pointed out the 9ers D has underperformed 

Edited by RJK
  • Poo 3

46 minutes ago, RJK said:

I know this loser franchise has u dreaming of going .500 but that’s the definition of average brother and defense was nothing special under him and as has been pointed out the 9ers D has underperformed 

Wilks about to win a SB my man. I think he can care less about the worst team in the NFL which happens to be us.

Panthers fans can't talk down on any other coaches. We are a walking shitshow of embarrassment. Humble yourself sir.

5 hours ago, csx said:

SF is allowing 1 more pt per game and 5 more yards per game than last year.

2.6 sacks per game vs 2 5 last year

1.6 takeaways vs 1.7 last year

That difference is insignificant. Why is Wilks considered a letdown when Ryans got a HC gig from it?.

Wilks isn't considered a let down. But to scream at the top of your lungs that his defense is the reason SF won after giving up 30 is delusional. In the NFL this year, only 1 out of every 8 teams that allowed 30 points won the game. That's 12.5%. That's losing football. SF offense bailed out the defense in that game. If not for a ridiculous catch by Aiyuk, Gibbs running to the wrong side of Goff, 2 ill-advised 4th down tries instead of FGs, and Lions receivers forgetting how to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands in the 3rd, the outcome of the game would have been different. I'm all for giving Wilks props when he deserves it. But his defense did not win the game against the Lions. 

If his defense rocks KC, I'll give him all the props in the world. If KC hangs 30 or 40 on them and they still win, it won't be because the defense was getting it done. 

17 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Wilks isn't considered a let down. But to scream at the top of your lungs that his defense is the reason SF won after giving up 30 is delusional. In the NFL this year, only 1 out of every 8 teams that allowed 30 points won the game. That's 12.5%. That's losing football. SF offense bailed out the defense in that game. If not for a ridiculous catch by Aiyuk, Gibbs running to the wrong side of Goff, 2 ill-advised 4th down tries instead of FGs, and Lions receivers forgetting how to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands in the 3rd, the outcome of the game would have been different. I'm all for giving Wilks props when he deserves it. But his defense did not win the game against the Lions. 

If his defense rocks KC, I'll give him all the props in the world. If KC hangs 30 or 40 on them and they still win, it won't be because the defense was getting it done. 

He made it to the SB in his first season. Wilks season was a success win or lose.

You already admitted you will only give him credit if he wins in convincing fashion. You clearly just don't like the guy and that's fine. Just make it known and stop dancing around it.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He made it to the SB in his first season. Wilks season was a success win or lose.

You already admitted you will only give him credit if he wins in convincing fashion. You clearly just don't like the guy and that's fine. Just make it known and stop dancing around it.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. He succeeded in the regular season. Ive acknowledged that. He was also fortunate enough to be on a team with not 1 but 2 MVP candidates on offense. Plus he went to a loaded defense on a SB contender. That makes your job as a DC a whole lot easier. 

But now the regular season is over and we judge games individually. Playoffs is one and done. His defensive plan was not good enough against the Lions. Give up 30 and your team loses 7 of 8. That gets you the 1st pick in the draft. Those are the statistical facts. GB wasnt a masterful defensive performance at home either. The Lions miscues and the offense bailed him out. Now it's the SB and I'll judge this defensive performance for this defensive performance. Regular season was good. Playoffs have been mediocre. Just calling it what it is. I'd say the same thing about Ryans and he was my favorite defensive HC candidate last year. 

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. He succeeded in the regular season. Ive acknowledged that. He was also fortunate enough to be on a team with not 1 but 2 MVP candidates on offense. Plus he went to a loaded defense on a SB contender. That makes your job as a DC a whole lot easier. 

But now the regular season is over and we judge games individually. Playoffs is one and done. His defensive plan was not good enough against the Lions. Give up 30 and your team loses 7 of 8. That gets you the 1st pick in the draft. Those are the statistical facts. GB wasnt a masterful defensive performance at home either. The Lions miscues and the offense bailed him out. Now it's the SB and I'll judge this defensive performance for this defensive performance. Regular season was good. Playoffs have been mediocre. Just calling it what it is. I'd say the same thing about Ryans and he was my favorite defensive HC candidate last year. 

Keep making excuses...

Wilks can get fuged. Be petty while riding the coattails of a team who has been pushing for a Super Bowl for 4 years without you. You got reprimanded midway through this season your play calling was so bad. You almost blew the NFCCG. Your defenses have underperformed from your time in CAR to today in SF. Your head coaching tenure was a joke. You're at the Super Bowl this week despite you.

We'll be back and will stomp that ass soon enough.

• Pie 1

I don’t think anyone who is rooting for Wilks to do well believes that SF going to the bowl is Wilks’ doing, and no one is saying he is Buddy Ryan with his D carrying a poo offense either.

Shutting out a team that put 30 on you in a half, that is a good offense... holding them there is worthy of praise the same as giving up the 1st half is worthy of condemnation. Playoffs, the games are harder or are supposed to be. 

Again though, someone has to cover Kelce. I haven’t seen every Chiefs game but in the playoffs for two and maybe three years now, who had an answer for him? Mahomes goes to the bank of Kelce when things get tight. If Wilks can stop him, that’s a pretty good job. 

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, strato said:

I don’t think anyone who is rooting for Wilks to do well believes that SF going to the bowl is Wilks’ doing, and no one is saying he is Buddy Ryan with his D carrying a poo offense either.

Shutting out a team that put 30 on you in a half, that is a good offense... holding them there is worthy of praise the same as giving up the 1st half is worthy of condemnation. Playoffs, the games are harder or are supposed to be. 

Again though, someone has to cover Kelce. I haven’t seen every Chiefs game but in the playoffs for two and maybe three years now, who had an answer for him? Mahomes goes to the bank of Kelce when things get tight. If Wilks can stop him, that’s a pretty good job. 

Well said. 

Anyone rooting against Steve the man has some sort of personal agenda. This is a GOOD man, true Carolina man, who has been nothing but loyal to the team. When he was called up, he turned a group of hopeless losers in to a team that could win a game, almost overnight, with the worst GM we’ve ever had, SAM DARNOLD, and a complete controlling joke of an owner. Say what you will, the man worked a miracle. He made it so we really thought we only needed a few pieces.  

Would he have us in the playoffs this year. Maybe? No? Probably? We’ll never know. The org that he has been loyal to for years never gave him a chance. You want to talk hurt?

I think he showed tremendous restraint. I would probably be facing a defamation lawsuit. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Well said. 

Anyone rooting against Steve the man has some sort of personal agenda. This is a GOOD man, true Carolina man, who has been nothing but loyal to the team. When he was called up, he turned a group of hopeless losers in to a team that could win a game, almost overnight, with the worst GM we’ve ever had, SAM DARNOLD, and a complete controlling joke of an owner. Say what you will, the man worked a miracle. He made it so we really thought we only needed a few pieces.  

Would he have us in the playoffs this year. Maybe? No? Probably? We’ll never know. The org that he has been loyal to for years never gave him a chance. You want to talk hurt?

I think he showed tremendous restraint. I would probably be facing a defamation lawsuit. 

Yeah, I appreciated winning a few games and having some realistic hope to see a winning season as a possibility on a consistent basis. Which is not where we are right now. May be subject to change, but that will take a lot. 

My opinion is basically that the stuff that has happened since the ’22 season ended, shows that he was just never going to get this job.

If not for Keith Taylor blowing 3 coverages against Mike Evans and getting cooked the entire game against the Steelers, then Wilks is probably our HC right now. Wilks took over a dead team from Rhule and put his heart and soul into this team and for a short time brought back the culture of this franchise.