• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Somebody seriously needs to check Vegas’s cap… 8 mil. 

2 first and heavy salary retention… 

With the current rules, that’s brilliant by Vegas. He won’t play til the playoffs and is on LTIR, so won’t impact their cap space this season at all. 

• Pie 1

Tough trade season from my perspective. I was a big proponent of bringing in Michael Bunting and I was hoping he'd make enough of an impact that he'd stick around for a couple years. He would have likely matched last year's total of 49 points, but he was a -15 this year. Anyway, wish him the best in Pittsburgh and thanks for the hard work and contributions.

Never found a solid, comfortable spot on any of the lines RBA moved him to. But when he and Noesen were on the ice together, there was plenty of sandpaper to go around.

It'll take me a minute to get used to Guentzel and Kuznetsov. Not a Pittsburgh fan and I strongly dislike everything Washington- NFL, MLB, NHL

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Tough trade season from my perspective. I was a big proponent of bringing in Michael Bunting and I was hoping he'd make enough of an impact that he'd stick around for a couple years. He would have likely matched last year's total of 49 points, but he was a -15 this year. Anyway, wish him the best in Pittsburgh and thanks for the hard work and contributions.

Never found a solid, comfortable spot on any of the lines RBA moved him to. But when he and Noesen were on the ice together, there was plenty of sandpaper to go around.

It'll take me a minute to get used to Guentzel and Kuznetsov. Not a Pittsburgh fan and I strongly dislike everything Washington- NFL, MLB, NHL

Not sure how it's relevant seeing as we pull for the Carolina Hurricanes 😉

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I’m disappointed about Bunting, as Rod said he was just really starting to find his way in our system, I think next year he would have excelled. He obviously signed here for a cup chance so I feel for that part too. 

If Guentzel walks I’m be pretty perturbed. 

• Pie 1

After a few more thoughts.

I actually think I’d go:

Guentzel - Aho - Necas

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov - Teravainen

Martinook - Staal - Jarvis

Noesen - Drury - Fast

Kotkaniemi

Lemieux

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Orlov - Chatfield

DeAngelo

Andersen

Kochetkov

Martin

Raanta (Wolves)

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m disappointed about Bunting, as Rod said he was just really starting to find his way in our system, I think next year he would have excelled. He obviously signed here for a cup chance so I feel for that part too. 

If Guentzel walks I’m be pretty perturbed. 

Maybe Bunting can sign back with us next year.

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

After a few more thoughts.

I actually think I’d go:

Guentzel - Aho - Necas

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov - Teravainen

Martinook - Staal - Jarvis

Noesen - Drury - Fast

Kotkaniemi

Lemieux

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Orlov - Chatfield

DeAngelo

Andersen

Kochetkov

Martin

Raanta (Wolves)

I could see that working. Aho QB’s blue line plays anyways. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Guentzel still on IR?

Yep. Had the same oblique injury as svech did earlier in the season, per Donny Wads. He’s close but said they also don’t want to rush him back dunno if he’ll slot in before the rags and panthers next week. Could be next week, Could be 2 or three the way Don talked at the presser yesterday. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Yep. Had the same oblique injury as svech did earlier in the season, per Donny Wads. He’s close but said they also don’t want to rush him back dunno if he’ll slot in before the rags and panthers next week. Could be next week, Could be 2 or three the way Don talked at the presser yesterday. 

Three weeks means he wouldn’t be back until April… he’d only get seven regular season games before the playoffs.

If that’s really the case then we better win the Cup. Acquiring Guentzel for a handful of regular season games and a second round exit would be a disaster.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1