• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl - Gameday Thread

I can't stand the Mahomes and Kelce circus. Was pulling hard for the Niners. But it always felt inevitable in that 2nd half. We all knew if it was close then Mahomes would pull something out of his azz. Purdy is a good QB but he doesn't have the agility nor experience at this point to make those plays. I felt like their only chance was to come out of the gate and blow it open with some big plays. Reminded me of watching Brady and knowing they were going to find a way.

6 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

That's Shanahan though, a choker through and through. However, as we've seen on the Panthers, just feeding Christian wasn't the answer either. It leads to a lot of great stats for him, but it didn't win games. A running back is going to have a difficult to impossible time trying to carry the team on his back if ever down in points. It's just too easy for a defense to focus, clamping down on the run. Christian is an amazing running back, but we all remember the number of times in his years here he couldn't power through and get the game winning touchdown. There was actually a compilation that trolls liked to post of him failing to punch it at the redzone.

We never had anywhere close to the overall team that the Niners have. I was fine with trading CMC. We didn't need a big money RB at the time and honestly wanted to see what he could do on a contender. Unfortunately, we squandered the assets we got in return for him but we also saw that he could be a legit MVP caliber player on a contender.

In short, yeah if you're a bad team a great RB isn't going to be a big difference maker for you but if you're a really good team he can be. Niners probably win the game if they didn't spend a good 20-25 minutes trying to let Brock Purdy play hero while throwing for 17 yards.

Cam is half right, Purdy isn’t Mahomes level but he isn’t just a game manager. But when he didn’t have all his weapons clicking, he couldn’t put the game on his back like Mahomes could. 

Wilks called a hell of a game. They held the Chiefs to 12 legit points. I’m not going to fault him for giving up 7 after that muffed punt. Shanahan let him down. They got a pick on Mahomes, who almost never throws picks, with great field position, and didn’t even get a first down. They abandoned the run in the 3rd quarter with the best RB in the NFL to give the ball to. Shanahan didn’t make the glaring gaffes he had in the past. But yet again he can’t close the deal in the biggest game. 

Wilks is going to get another shot at being a head coach, mark my words. 

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mahomes accounted for 399 of KC's 455 yards. He led the Chiefs in rushing too. Pacheco was largely a non-factor with a fumble turnover and a 3.3ypc average.

Meanwhile, CMC led the Niners in rushing and receiving yardage for 160 combined yards. Purdy was 8/8 for 80 yards and a TD throwing to CMC. He was 15/30 for 175 yards throwing to anyone else.

Pacheco was honestly a liability most of the game. 2 fumbles (one lost) and a bad drop. I think his nerves got the best of him. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Cam is half right, Purdy isn’t Mahomes level but he isn’t just a game manager. But when he didn’t have all his weapons clicking, he couldn’t put the game on his back like Mahomes could. 

That's called a "game manager".

You gotta realize, Cam is basically saying that there's only 4-5 legit DUDES at QB in the NFL and honestly he's right. There's only a handful of guys who have a legit chance at doing what Mahomes did tonight and Purdy isn't one of them.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Pacheco was honestly a liability most of the game. 2 fumbles (one lost) and a bad drop. I think his nerves got the best of him. 

Yeah, he was bad tonight. Not only the butter fingers but he was just flat out missing holes for much of the night. When the Chiefs finally got him in a groove Andy Reid head scratchingly went empty backfield on back to back plays and had to settle for a FG. I think Pacheco ran for about 7 to get them to 2nd and 3 after he broke off a nice run to get them into the red zone and then Reid failed to make the D account for him on back to back plays with three to go. It was baffling.

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he was considered a legit 1st rounder. Everyone raved about his arm talent and backyard football abilities but everyone also rightfully questioned how that would translate to the NFL. That style of play has always meant having to stomach high turnover numbers before Mahomes showed up. The guy is a cheat code. You're not supposed to be able to play like he does without turning the ball over.

They also wondered if he was a "system" QB - but with that arm most scouts knew better.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he was bad tonight. Not only the butter fingers but he was just flat out missing holes for much of the night. When the Chiefs finally got him in a groove Andy Reid head scratchingly went empty backfield on back to back plays and had to settle for a FG. I think Pacheco ran for about 7 to get them to 2nd and 3 after he broke off a nice run to get them into the red zone and then Reid failed to make the D account for him on back to back plays with three to go. It was baffling.

The Chiefs had a weird off night. Undisciplined, fumbles, even Mahomes threw a bad pick. They still pulled it off somehow. Mainly because Shanahan wanted the go through Purdy instead of CMC.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The Chiefs had a weird off night. Undisciplined, fumbles, even Mahomes threw a bad pick. They still pulled it off somehow. Mainly because Shanahan wanted the go through Purdy instead of CMC.

Yep, Shanny gave the Chiefs a break to figure things out while he tried to lean on Brock Purdy. Then he got down and went back to CMC. It really felt like an ego thing but I honestly don't know what his reasoning was.

16 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

I can't stand the Mahomes and Kelce circus. Was pulling hard for the Niners. But it always felt inevitable in that 2nd half.

The moment that punt bounced off the 49ners foot I knew KC was going to win. They gave me a little hope in OT but not going back to CMC was the dumbest poo and right on brand for Kyle. 

LOL @ the Huddlers that said Kelce had fallen off a cliff. You know who you are. 

Kelce is still one of the most effective TEs in the league. He may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was. (RIP Toby Keith)

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1