• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB Matt Corral

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He had 2 things going against him from the jump. 1. He was drafted by Fitterer.  2. Rhule never wanted him in the first place.  As a bonus he wasn't very good to begin with. 

Fitt looked like fug this job when he had Tepper on one ear telling him to pull the trigger and Rhule on the other side getting all excited about playing GM on the phone making the trade up with the Patriots. Whole set up was a poo show

Kind of makes you wonder the level of entry to the NFL at certain positions. Maybe at QB it’s more muddled water. But it seems like if you were good in Highschool with some athletic talent and the ability to throw 60 yards and not be a moron in college you could potentially make 500k- 1 million until the league figured out you were a scrub. 

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I hate to be "that guy" but maybe don't draft QBs struggling with mental health issues because playing QB in the NFL is hella fuging stressful. If you have any mental weakness that job is gonna find them.

I got poo on for saying that at the time. 

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I got poo on for saying that at the time. 

In fairness, your therapist may have had a point. 

Seriously, mental health is important and should probably be more of a measured ability when scouting a player.  Not to say, "That kid is crazy" but to put him through an emotional intelligence examination.  I used to use them on my freshmen college students when I taught the intro course called "{College Name} Journey"  We found that certain types of emotional maturity, sometimes tied to mental health, were predictors of success and failure.   Maybe something like that.

Edited by MHS831

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

In fairness, your therapist may have had a point. 

Seriously, mental health is important and should probably be more of a measured ability when scouting a player.  Not to say, "That kid is crazy" but to put him through an emotional intelligence examination.  I used to use them on my freshmen college students when I taught the intro course called "{College Name} Journey"  We found that certain types of emotional maturity, sometimes tied to mental health, were predictors of success and failure.   Maybe something like that.

I think the overall point in all of this, if he got to even that point as a nfl qb prospect then you are already starting way behind the 8 ball with his development probably best to let another team try to figure that out.  Thats why I believe stroud had the season that he did.  He was mentally ready due to some major adversity that he handled well early in life.  MC had a history of acting out, sometimes violently sometimes with substances as a way to placate whatever was going on.  Same with guys like manziel etc.  The are not mentally mature enough to behave even as an adult and far far from a starting nfl qb