• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edwards is a Punk!

Squirrel

At least there is something to talk about besides Jimmy Johnson

BINGO!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if the car didn't flip, this wouldn't be an issue.

BINGO!

I disagree.... racing hard and racing for position is one thing, coming out of the garage laps down to intentionally take out a top 5 car... Then take about 3 shots at him trying to do so.... That's a new level of classlessness.

New level of classlessness? I think that this happened over and over and over again from the 40s through the 90s. Earnhardt Sr. did this and everyone cheered.

I for one am glad to see NASCAR of the 60's & 70's

and yes even a little Dale sr

You have a problem you settle it on the track.

After enough wrecks and enough damaged equipment

Either the problem will take care of its self or the owner will get rid of the problem to save $$$

NASCAR almost put the fan base to sleep with all their strict rules and penaltiles for this and that

If Nascar is smart

They will back off as much as possible and let the drivers talk it up in media ,this will increase ticket sells and viewers

Behind the scene they can pull both in and talk it out .

This could give NASCAR a major shot in the arm if handled correctly

Well said. This can breathe new life back into NASCAR.

BINGO!

BINGO!

New level of classlessness? I think that this happened over and over and over again from the 40s through the 90s. Earnhardt Sr. did this and everyone cheered.

Well said. This can breathe new life back into NASCAR.

Definitely true. Only difference was that Earnhardt senior was good at it. He could wreck someone without getting them airborne. Of course, that could be because of the car itself.

Edwards did a stupid thing. If pieces of that car had gotten into the stands and injured someone, he and Nascar would have faced some major lawsuits.

Perhaps Carl was justified in taking him out, but he should have done it in a different manner. Hell, tbone him after the race is over. Don't flip him at a highspeed track like Atlanta.

Definitely true. Only difference was that Earnhardt senior was good at it. He could wreck someone without getting them airborne. Of course, that could be because of the car itself.

Edwards did a stupid thing. If pieces of that car had gotten into the stands and injured someone, he and Nascar would have faced some major lawsuits.

Perhaps Carl was justified in taking him out, but he should have done it in a different manner. Hell, tbone him after the race is over. Don't flip him at a highspeed track like Atlanta.

Well I guess you don't remember Earnhardt vs. Rusty Wallace at Talladega ... Rusty went flying :D

Carl was not justified........

Everyone is making too much of this. This is what NASCAR wanted at the first of the year. There are two lessons to be learned here

1) If your gonna wreck someone you could hurt them bad so think about it hard.

Now every Driver knows what could happen. Still no one was hurt so to blow it out of proportion is wrong.

2) If you try to end someones day like Keselowski has done a whole lot expect this to happen.

True. The car itself is the reason that it became airborne. Put a spoiler on the back of the car instead of that god awful wing and the cars will stay down at tracks like Atlanta.

True. The car itself is the reason that it became airborne. Put a spoiler on the back of the car instead of that god awful wing and the cars will stay down at tracks like Atlanta.

That would make way too much since though. I think people are making too much out of this though. If you have ever watched a Formula 1 wreak it makes Nascar wrecks look tame. Even Drag racing wrecks are more dangerous.

ever heard of the Intimidator who made a living bumping, pushing, wrecking if need be. he was and is adored by half the nascar community.

If Jimmie Johnson had been taken out of several races and destined to have his points and sponsor get another 35 place finish, I think he and a host of other drivers would have done the same thing. Other drivers are probably privately patting Edwards on the back.

Money is huge and I am sure Lowes does not want there car continually wrecked and finishing in the rear, so what is any different about Edwards. They are not only fighting for their self respect but they are also fighting for their sponsor. I really don't care about Edwards as a driver, since I have never pulled for him, but young drivers like K sometimes have to be brought to reality.

As far as hitting him on the straight, you have to hit him where he passes you and that happened not to be on the straight.

Everyone saying that the straightaway wasn't the right spot to hit him is confusing me. Do you think the fugin corner would've been better? hahahahaha

And if you wait till Bristol to wreck him, you collect about 30 other cars and that's not right either. So.....the options........I think Carl chose the best one. fug it. Hit him now. Get it over with. And he'll know for next time at least one person not to screw with.

I'm starting to like Carl Edwards. hahahaha seriously. I love that attitude.

Archived