• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

t96

Haven't understood why so many people were so darned set on paying Russell Wilson a bunch of money. Or basically any old vet who is still riding on their past victories.

The only people who are over 35 and are involved in making this team's future are coaches and fans. 

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We need guards way worse at the moment.  Icky will look like a LT if the qb can step up in the pocket. 

I hope you are right - but seems like a stretch considering he was beat off his left side on a speed rush about 50 times...not sure how a guard helps that.  Dude gotta move those feet!

1 minute ago, Stingray3030 said:

I hope you are right - but seems like a stretch considering he was beat off his left side on a speed rush about 50 times...not sure how a guard helps that.  Dude gotta move those feet!

A better offensive system can help. But he does have to step up dramatically as well. You have to start drafting these now and often.  The skill position players are pointless if you do not improve this OL. It like putting expensive wheels on a POS automobile.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

A better offensive system can help. But he does have to step up dramatically as well. You have to start drafting these now and often.  The skill position players are pointless if you do not improve this OL. It like putting expensive wheels on a POS automobile.  

100% agree - those "Hog Mollys" have to be #1 priority

• Pie 1

On 2/20/2024 at 3:06 PM, Jon Snow said:

Hell no! I'd rather ride with Andy Dalton this year and start over in 2025 than to see that goober in a Panthers jersey for 1 minute. 

As if starting over with another #1 will be any real difference, different crew same crap since 2019. Might as well start trying to win now and stop pretending that these people do much good until they actually start doing that. At least if they went in that direction the football would be somewhat watchable vs watching them try to tank when they probably can't even do that right either. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

As if starting over with another #1 will be any real difference, different crew same crap since 2019. Might as well start trying to win now and stop pretending that these people do much good until they actually start doing that. At least if they went in that direction the football would be somewhat watchable vs watching them try to tank when they probably can't even do that right either. 

We've been trying to win now our entire existence. How's that worked out? This team needs rebuilt from the ground up. Until they commit to that they will always be a bad team with bad leadership. They don't have to try to tank, they earn the label of the worst team in the nfl. One player will not change that. I suggest that if you cannot stomach crappy football you just do not watch the Panthers.  Embrace the suck because it's not changing anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

We've been trying to win now our entire existence. How's that worked out? This team needs rebuilt from the ground up. Until they commit to that they will always be a bad team with bad leadership. They don't have to try to tank, they earn the label of the worst team in the nfl. One player will not change that. I suggest that if you cannot stomach crappy football you just do not watch the Panthers.  Embrace the suck because it's not changing anytime soon. 

They are still trying to win this year, it's just around a terrible QB and little else. They are trying to win every year. They are playing with Burns at 27 a year vs the 30ish he wants. Tanking would be trading that mess and then training a rookie in a junk year. Just getting a mediocre QB and pulling it up to 6-8 wins is a lot more realistic then thinking they will be able to tank and then do anything with that capital given the circumstances. The damn GM got his job after being an assistant putz on a 2 win team because the whiffy owner liked him. Even unintentionally tanking still ends up with the same idiots that did that magical feat suddenly turning it around and profiting from an unintentional tank. There just is no win there. 

I haven't been watching the crap on the field outside of 1 game I went to in Tampa anyways, it's unwatchable. I have been laughing while watching it all burn, that is what value the Panthers bring these days. It's peaceful and fun. Not even mad anymore, I am laughing too hard and enjoying that show because the football isn't viewable anymore. If this team wasn't so poorly run for long enough to not be able to pretend it's not then you would be 100% right but then it would also be closer to mediocre regardless of the busting QB because the rest of the roster wouldn't be such a joke either. I'm embracing nothing but a mental lawn chair and a stick with a marshmallow on it to roast over the soul of what used to be the panthers that just look like a heap of melting plastic on fire at this point. 

Edited by Waldo

Only way I see something like this is if Wilson is sitting on his couch next year (which is completely possible) and something happens to to Bryce early in the season. I could see Wilson being brought in just due to his past with Canales. I don't think they would bring Wilson in to rub shoulders in the QB room, nor do I think his ego would allow it. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Signing him would be a head scratcher for me.  It would also go a long way in deflating my optimistic outlook that this front office may actually have a strategy and a chance to succeed.  Maybe this would be an overreaction but that's what fans do.

It's not overreacting.  It would be a signal of lack of self awareness about the talent on this team. There is not a single reason for optimism with this team until there is clear sign that they have what it takes to turn this failing franchise around.  Every major decision that has been made for the past half decade has been wrong.

The Ringmaster of those decisions is still calling to tune with the help of his new lacky. Who by the way got to sit in on the intviews of those who were competing with him for his current job. 

Now he and his old friends from Seattle are hired to build a powerhouse to takeover the NFC for a decade or two.

This move would seem counter productive to that goal and just signal more of the same just sling poo at the wall and see what sticks and win now mode. All in an attempt to avoid having build a team through the draft and take their lumps.

But they suck at drafting so now you see the predicament they have gotten themselves into. This team is FUBAR. I will need more than what I've seen from the Ringmaster  to think this team has a single chance in hell of improving this season. 

On 2/20/2024 at 3:12 PM, Jon Snow said:

We need guards way worse at the moment.  Icky will look like a LT if the qb can step up in the pocket. 

Icky has every bit as much work to do this off-season as Bryce does. His footwork is a hot mess. The dude was routinely getting straight up boat raced. That's not a "guy besides of him problem" that's his problem.