• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howel

fanpanther

Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade

• Young
    • Howell

All hypothetical but just looking at there first years as starter Howell 3950 21td 21int  Young 2877 11td 10int.  I know Howell may have had a worse Oline than Young had this year, and recievers are close with skill Wash maybe a little better.  If I was in charge I would take the chance and switch even if we could but doubt Wash would go for it.  As others has posted Howell has nfl arm strength and size you can maybe teach the rest....Young doesnt and you cant teach what he is missing. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, we can't trade Bryce Young to the Carolina Panthers. We were the only team dumb enough to give up anywhere near that and the Jets came pretty close to outright mocking us for bidding against ourselves in those trade negotiations.

I get your point, but no we aren’t. Hyperbole aside we aren’t the worst run team ever and might not even be the worst run team now. The Jets paid Rodger’s how much for four plays?  Washington and Jacksonville would also give us a run for the title. If we dangled Bryce I guarantee you some team out there would be willing to give a 2 or 3 just in the off chance he could be salvaged. 

Howell is objectively the better physical guy. Bigger arm, bigger body, more prototypical in general. Between the ears is his question mark. We don't have that as much with Bryce I don't think. 

One's issues can be coached. The other can't. 

If it's offered I think you have to do it, if Canales wants it. But I don't think anybody is ever doing that trade head up. Howell will be a solid starter in the league in time. Never an elite guy, but can make a playoff run on the right team I think (if he can clean up the turnovers).

19 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I get your point, but no we aren’t. Hyperbole aside we aren’t the worst run team ever and might not even be the worst run team now. The Jets paid Rodger’s how much for four plays?  Washington and Jacksonville would also give us a run for the title. If we dangled Bryce I guarantee you some team out there would be willing to give a 2 or 3 just in the off chance he could be salvaged. 

We really were. The Jets flat out said after the trade that the Panthers were the only team seriously pursuing Darnold. It is what it is.

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We really were. The Jets flat out said after the trade that the Panthers were the only team seriously pursuing Darnold. It is what it is.

I meant not the worst run team ever, not that we weren’t the only team bidding on Darnold. I believe that. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With zero hesitation. You can address turnover issues from a QB pressing too hard on a bad team with an atrocious defense and an OC that puts the burden of the entire offense on a second year player first year starter. You can't fix lack of NFL talent.

...I know you're getting a woody for the possibility .... and...I can't hardly blame you.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's zero chance it'll happen but yeah I'd definitely do it. There's just a lot more upside with Howell than Bryce IMO. 

Yup...We are going to eventually have eat it on Bryce... but there are naysayers.... i'll leave that little window open that i'm wrong...

Edited by Johnstonny

I mean to me Sam Howell is just Mayfield Lite/2.0.  They have a similar playstyle, although Howell is more downfield and intentional with his legs.  IDK about swapping 1/1 BUT if he became available I'd throw them back a 5th round pick.  Neither were in a situation where they can be properly judged.. RR is terrible with QB development and Young came out of what was probably a nightmare of a situation.. Let them get after it and you can move one or the other down the line.

• Pie 1