• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales and Morgan at the combine

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So now Bryce is going to play under center as opposed to a near 100 percent from the gun. If you're going to do a lot of play action, it means "under center," right?

We'll see how all this works out. Canales knows more than me, but it kinda seems like pushing a square peg into a round hole. But, I guess I should quell skepticism in favor of optimism...I guess...

You can technically run play action from shotgun, it's just not as convincing. Almost more like an RPO with pass blocking instead of run blocking. Either way If he truly believes Bryce doesn't need a big fix we're screwed

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So now Bryce is going to play under center as opposed to a near 100 percent from the gun. If you're going to do a lot of play action, it means "under center," right?

We'll see how all this works out. Canales knows more than me, but it kinda seems like pushing a square peg into a round hole. But, I guess I should quell skepticism in favor of optimism...I guess...

I remember the days when playing under center was the norm and shotgun was unusual.  

I think it would be a dramatic change for Young but they need to drill this over and over until it he's comfortable.  

• Pie 2

well, I don't walk away from that talk/plan of action thinking that our new HC believes Bryce Young was a #1 overall give up the farm type QB.   

Any HC in 2024 that is putting his emphasis on running the rock and seeing what happens imo doesn't believe they drafted  someone that has "it".  

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I remember the days when playing under center was the norm and shotgun was unusual.  

I think it would be a dramatic change for Young but they need to drill this over and over until it he's comfortable.  

might as well just trade Bryce Young while his value is still high.  That's not building an O for your #1 overall pick. 

but worth noting, that isn't his QB or pick.  That's the former HC/GMs pick. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, I don't walk away from that talk/plan of action thinking that our new HC believes Bryce Young was a #1 overall give up the farm type QB.   

Any HC in 2024 that is putting his emphasis on running the rock and seeing what happens imo doesn't believe they drafted  someone that has "it".  

So sounds like we're going to try and run a 10 year old Seahawks offense but without the scramble/deep throws that actually made it interesting. Every time Bryce rolled out Wilson style he just threw the ball out of bounds instead of launching one 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So sounds like we're going to try and run a 10 year old Seahawks offense but without the scramble/deep throws that actually made it interesting. Every time Bryce rolled out Wilson style he just threw the ball out of bounds instead of launching one 

We also don't have Marshawn Lynch.  But yeah, Wilson scrambling out and gambling big downfield is what made that whole paring work.   Not to mention the historic D.   I hate when teams trying to model after other teams personally.   I think Fitterer is the one that started the let's be like Seattle mindset.  We don't need to try to mimic that formula. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We dont even know if Wilson style is even possible because the WR were so bad at scramble drills, Mingo would run full speed out of bounds

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

We dont even know if Wilson style is even possible because the WR were so bad at scramble drills, Mingo would run full speed out of bounds

I think it’s more of the Bama offense with some tweaks. Trying to play to Young’s strengths. He will obviously need weapons regardless, but the PA and bootlegs just keep the defense honest and can help the OL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, falconlynx said:

After a great rookie year, he was a second year player playing a cerebral position in a poo show of an offense last year.

Quickly jump to bad conclusions much? 

You do realize he was a large part of the poo show, right? I don’t know if he can be fixed but the Ily I watched was not even getting a hand on many speed rushers. Not even a hand. No issues with play calling or confusion on who to block or Young or WRs lack of separation, Iky was just plain getting roasted 1 on 1.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty much just sitting down to go through this today but did either morgan or DC say if we are staying with zone blocking or what?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Feel like they are gonna regret that. 

Not me.  His problems are technique and confidence.  When the light comes on, he will  be good.  He was not as bad as people here made him out to be--even as the 2023 LT, he was probably the second best OL He has a lotta work to do.  If we add to the roster, it would be interesting to see us add a LG and make BC a swing T who can play G. 

• Pie 2