• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Fixing the Panthers

Respectfully can’t stand when big media companies try to have guys who cover the entire NFL to devote a video to specific teams and issues. These guys clearly haven’t watched enough Panthers football and I don’t blame them they got enough on their plate. Would rather watch a true fan or a niche channel talk about something like this. They lost me at letting Burns walk for nothing lmao.

Just finished watching. There's a bit more here than this, but this is the basics

• Mostly talking about how bad Young was. Compared his rookie season to Goff, Stafford, and Gabbert
  • Touts the PFF stat horn. This almost made me stop watching.
  • Says they need to add several high end receivers
  • Says the Panthers need to turn the 6 picks into 10. I disagree with this because quantity doesn't equal quality. They need to hit on those six picks.
  • Says they should let Burns walk
  • Needs to improve the Oline
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, shaq said:

They lost me at letting Burns walk for nothing lmao.

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

I’m not sure letting burns walk is the worst idea tbh

I'd rather let him walk than pay him 30 million a year. You can add at at least a couple more quality players for that.

• Pie 4

they need wrs

evans would play here if we overpay

maybe bring in 3 or 4 new wr, cant rely on any existing wr on roster

canales/baker were good on 3rd down

says dalton exposed young a bit

compares young year to gabbert and goff

young facing uphill battle, most qbs dont come out of tailspin

lots of needs on roster, only 6 picks

both said let burns go, need to fix offense and enoughs enough

dalton schutlz upgrade at te

ridley should be an option

mingo work in progress

mitchell at 33

need guard/center

need depth on defense

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, shaq said:

Respectfully can’t stand when big media companies try to have guys who cover the entire NFL to devote a video to specific teams and issues. These guys clearly haven’t watched enough Panthers football and I don’t blame them they got enough on their plate. Would rather watch a true fan or a niche channel talk about something like this. They lost me at letting Burns walk for nothing lmao.

I mean, letting Burns walk has been talked about here.  Heck, realistically it became a path when he went into the past season. 

if you don't want to overpay him, that's sort of that. 

tag and trades aren't actually that common

and if you just tag a dude that doesn't want to play, that's it own nightmare.  especially for a new HC trying to build a new culture here out of the rubble. 

*and obviously better players than Burns have walked out of here. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’m not sure letting burns walk is the worst idea tbh

Commanders got a 2nd for Montez Sweat.  Bears then signed him for 4-years and $98 million.

Seems letting him walk wouldn’t make sense if we can get something/anything for him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Commanders got a 2nd for Montez Sweat.  Bears then signed him for 4-years and $98 million.

Seems letting him walk wouldn’t make sense if we can get something/anything for him.

I would imagine they have already been there and done that.  That's why he still isn't sign.  I mean, we know they have made a bunch of offers.  They started last summer.    And you can't keep offering a dude more that did less and less last year. 

• Pie 1

Cliff notes.

Situation is bleak. Bryce looked bad. Only hope there is for us is that other QBs have looked horrible their rookie year and turned it around. Doesn't mean it will, just that it could happen.

Add Ridley And Dalton Schultz in FA. Draft Adonai Mitchell if he's there. Let Mungo be your number 4 on the depth chart deep threat.

OL wasn't as bad as it was last year. Bad scheme for them and Reich may just be bad for OLs. Look for OG help in FA and maybe uprade OC and we're heading in the right direction.

That was about it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, letting Burns walk has been talked about here.  Heck, realistically it became a path when he went into the past season. 

if you don't want to overpay him, that's sort of that. 

tag and trades aren't actually that common

and if you just tag a dude that doesn't want to play, that's it own nightmare.  especially for a new HC trying to build a new culture here out of the rubble. 

*and obviously better players than Burns have walked out of here. 

We have so little talent on this team, and have drafted horribly in recent years that we don’t even have that much outside of Derick Brown and maybe Jaycee to really pay big bucks. If we get nothing for Burns then this front office is incompetent, he’s a 25 year old with 46 sacks over the last 5 seasons. You do not let that player walk for nothing.

• Pie 3