• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicole was a Stroud vote

CRA

So we have 2 different versions of the truth(consensus pick to where we are now). Which one is it? Media and the Panthers are clowning us like the laughing stock that we are. 

what we really should be questioning is why this, and why now? Who the hell drops a story like this in March? Besides coaching and GM changes,  It’s been radio silence for 3 months and all of a sudden, ‘owners wife wanted the other guy’. where is the damage control voicing the confidence you said you had in Bryce last season? That he’s your dude. Superprocessing point guard. 

Clown show. 

1 hour ago, Martin said:

It shows two things:

1) She is not part of the core decision makers group

2) She was right the whole time

Both go against everything a core group on this board has complained about for a long time, often using very misogynistic tones. So maybe think a bit before next time.

It really could show a lot of things depending on your perspective and thats even if you believe it.  Seems a bit odd that this bit of info is just now getting out if true. The timing is certainly suspect

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

They hinted at it after the draft. No mention of Nicole and Bryce being close here but clowns locked on to a picture of a hug.
image.thumb.png.6fa7ffc94eef06a6e6c4b8f31233d4c3.png

https://www.panthers.com/news/conviction-inside-story-panthers-2023-nfl-draft-bryce-young

Yeah it’s not some crazy cover up. No one outside of the Huddle cares at this point. I just love how people will deny the truth when it counters their narrative. I’m sorry but Schefter isn’t making this up to play clean up to some internet trolls over Tepper’s wife. 😂

• Flames 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it’s not some crazy cover up. No one outside of the Huddle cares at this point. I just love how people will deny the truth when it counters their narrative. I’m sorry but Schefter isn’t making this up to play clean up to some internet trolls over Tepper’s wife. 😂

ifs funny what you choose to believe and not believe

Oh geez people are citing the dinner the Tepper's had with Stroud? Have we not learned how meaningless all that is by now?

And the misogyny stuff really needs to die. Anyone who has made sexual remarks has been shouted down as they should. For some reason though that's drifted into any general criticism anyone might have. Like it's controversial to say she shouldn't be involved in football decisions. Sorry but she's basically Ivanka in NFL circles. That's one of the contributing factors for why our team has been a dumpster fire. I don't like acknowledging it either but facts are facts.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Oh geez people are citing the dinner the Tepper's had with Stroud? Have we not learned how meaningless all that is by now?

And the misogyny stuff really needs to die. Anyone who has made sexual remarks has been shouted down as they should. For some reason though that's drifted into any general criticism anyone might have. Like it's controversial to say she shouldn't be involved in football decisions. Sorry but she's basically Ivanka in NFL circles. That's one of the contributing factors for why our team has been a dumpster fire. I don't like acknowledging it either but facts are facts.

The structure and process that they had in place last year clearly didn’t work.  Hopefully Morgan has changed it and by the looks of the teppers not being at the combine he has to some extent 

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

ifs funny what you choose to believe and not believe

Adam Schefter is just telling a story. This isn’t even some big media covered interview. 😂 You are getting desperate man… It’s been documented Stroud and Nicole hit it off early and this legit insider is saying how people make fun of Dave because she was right.

You just went all in on that hugging photo… 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Wait, if Tepper shows at the combine, what happens? 

Just think about it. No first rounder to start with so where is he making a splash? 

And EVERY question will be about Bryce, that trade, Stroud, it would be days of accountability.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:43 PM, frankw said:

She liked CJ Stroud so much it took almost an entire calender year for this to come out?

I've got a very lovely bridge to sell anyone that believes this.

It doesn’t surprise me. Remember Fitterer described how Young was his favorite the year before. Fitterer has been very Hurney like in falling for people and having blinders on. I think there was still a consensus in the shop that Young was the overall favorite. Reich said as much right after the draft. He and Fitt had their love in about like Young to start their process and to finish. Thomas Brown was the guy who introduced the point guard discussion in February before the draft, the same topic that Tepper parroted after the draft.

It’s still laughable that people think whatever Nicole thought was going to have some bearing on the final decision. I argued with a couple people who actually said they thought Nicole made the pick. It was and still is Fitterer, IMHO, who was the biggest fan of Young.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It doesn’t surprise me. Remember Fitterer described how Young was his favorite the year before. Fitterer has been very Hurney like in falling for people and having blinders on. I think there was still a consensus in the shop that Young was the overall favorite. Reich said as much right after the draft. He and Fitt had their love in about like Young to start their process and to finish. Thomas Brown was the guy who introduced the point guard discussion in February before the draft, the same topic that Tepper parroted after the draft.

It’s still laughable that people think whatever Nicole thought was going to have some bearing on the final decision. I argued with a couple people who actually said they thought Nicole made the pick. It was and still is Fitterer, IMHO, who was the biggest fan of Young.

David Tepper is an egomaniac. There's a reason he and Matt Rhule hit it off so well. David also told us he was smitten with Bryce Young months before the draft. Fitterer was incompetent and one of the worst general managers I've ever seen but I'm not buying for one second that Mr. Tepper wasn't in his ear for many or most of the failed decisions we've had to suffer through the last few years.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

David Tepper is an egomaniac. There's a reason he and Matt Rhule hit it off so well. David also told us he was smitten with Bryce Young months before the draft. Fitterer was incompetent and one of the worst general managers I've ever seen but I'm not buying for one second that Mr. Tepper wasn't in his ear for many or most of the failed decisions we've had to suffer through the last few years.

The fact that something like this is so damn chaotic is pretty telling about the ownership 

4 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

So we have 2 different versions of the truth(consensus pick to where we are now). Which one is it? Media and the Panthers are clowning us like the laughing stock that we are. 

what we really should be questioning is why this, and why now? Who the hell drops a story like this in March? Besides coaching and GM changes,  It’s been radio silence for 3 months and all of a sudden, ‘owners wife wanted the other guy’. where is the damage control voicing the confidence you said you had in Bryce last season? That he’s your dude. Superprocessing point guard. 

Clown show. 

I think it is one version of the truth. Fitt led the charge, and in the end it was a consensus. Nicole was not a decision maker (hence not included in the group with consensus), but also felt different.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1