• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the Union

10 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

….and gents, for the record, I’ll say it again, this group ain’t the main forum. We are a tight group here. Stick together vs going at each other. This IS the best canes forum in earth. No because number or people, because the passion. Let’s stick together and be angry with the team or cheer….but never go at eachother.  Thats main forum BS. 

When the Canes are bad for as long as the Panthers have been we’ll see how long this forum supposedly stays tight. 
Only reason the Panthers forum is the way it is is because the Panthers have been bad for a long time. 

28 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

When the Canes are bad for as long as the Panthers have been we’ll see how long this forum supposedly stays tight. 
Only reason the Panthers forum is the way it is is because the Panthers have been bad for a long time. 

You must not be familiar with the 2009-2018 stretch of Hurricanes hockey. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah 10-18 was some bad bad times. We wondered if the canes would end up getting sold again. I remember games with 1500 people in the stands.  I think those years made us appreciate what we have now. Unfortunately, now it’s time to take the next step of cup winner before it’s too late. Those lean years could come back anytime and we wasted our big guns windows. 

13 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Management knows this could be their best shot at the cup before they lose many of their UFAs, I fully expect a major move before the deadline - or am I dreaming???

I believe they know it. They have to. KK is a major reason we can’t score when they need it. 

34 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Management knows this could be their best shot at the cup before they lose many of their UFAs, I fully expect a major move before the deadline - or am I dreaming???

"We like our group" LOL

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

You must not be familiar with the 2009-2018 stretch of Hurricanes hockey. 

I am very familiar. I should have said, “When the Canes are as bad again(Hopefully never) as the Panthers are right now”. My fault for putting “as long” since the Canes were bad for almost 10 years. But Panthers are getting there, lol. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 3

19 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

Feels like the Canes are in their Luke Kuechly and Cam Newton period and I hope we don’t waste it. Things can change fast

Every year we go through this same talk at the TDL. Every year we bring in players who simply don’t jive with our system. Every year we get one step further in the playoffs. Knock on wood we have Svech and TT healthy with a triple headed monster in goal. Yes KK is bad at offense but he’s not bad at defense. And the more I think about it I think @USDepartmentOfSavagery aka@Chief_Chokeaho is right. We are grooming Jarvis for 2C and KK to fill in Staals spot. I like his energy but I think Drury is expendable. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am very familiar. I should have said, “When the Canes are as bad again(Hopefully never) as the Panthers are right now”. My fault for putting “as long” since the Canes were bad for almost 10 years. But Panthers are getting there, lol. 

It’s all good dude. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Every year we go through this same talk at the TDL. Every year we bring in players who simply don’t jive with our system. Every year we get one step further in the playoffs. Knock on wood we have Svech and TT healthy with a triple headed monster in goal. Yes KK is bad at offense but he’s not bad at defense. And the more I think about it I think @USDepartmentOfSavagery aka@Chief_Chokeaho is right. We are grooming Jarvis for 2C and KK to fill in Staals spot. I like his energy but I think Drury is expendable. 

I agree on Jarvy but not on KK. I don’t believe this team views him as staals replacement anymore. They used to buy the fact that he has been getting 5 minutes of ice time lately, and his poor play, I bet he is trade bait, sent to the AHL, or most likely a healthy scratch for game. All assuming we make a trade this week.  With KK, defense is fine but you MUST have offense from your 2nd line center.