• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agency

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The problem is the the players we think are good are not good. 

The problem is our FO has been awful at player evaluations. Hard to blame Sanders’ agent or Elflein/Erving’s agents or any of the otherfrom signing the contracts before the ink dried.

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

The problem is our FO has been awful at player evaluations. Hard to blame Sanders’ agent or Elflein/Erving’s agents or any of the otherfrom signing the contracts before the ink dried.

I will never blame anyone for taking a job where they are overpaid.  I would do the exact same thing.

• Pie 2

Just now, mwa78 said:

Pretty big dead cap hit...

Doesn’t matter. The $3M roster bonus was new money owed that would have been added on to his dead cap. If we kept him this year his cap hit would have been 1M more than his dead cap plus there’d be 2M more in dead cap in 2025. Again, you save $3M. It was a bad deal in that they guaranteed his 2024 salary of $6M but that’s par for the course. We sign bad deals and don’t get the performance and then we pay basically $13M for one year.

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I will never blame anyone for taking a job where they are overpaid.  I would do the exact same thing.

Definitely not. We were the problem. It’s not the player’s fault. I know Gettleman had his faults but this was one thing he was good at. The money Hurney and Fitterer threw around for mediocre players is unreal and they’ve only produced 2-7 wins for 6 seasons.

19 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

WOW!!! .....  Justin Simmonds incoming?

This is a rebuild year and they are treating it as such.

The moves that have been made clear cap for the 2025 season, not 2024.

I dont see us entertaining any FA's other than the cheap ones. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

This is a rebuild year and they are treating it as such.

The moves that have been made clear cap for the 2025 season, not 2024.

I dont see us entertaining any FA's other than the cheap ones. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/

We can clean the books up nicely if thats the plan and as long as there is not too many extensions given out.   I say fug it and front load a deal for brown for 2024

• Pie 3