• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

1 hour ago, La Pantera said:

Gave you names . Not doing goddamn math for you… none of those guys are getting more than a couple year contracts. 

guess we’ll just have to see how it plays out.

edit: Huff got 50 mill( 1/3 Burns money) over 3 years. Most of those guys will be under that 

They won't come to Carolina for that price, bet.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

It sounds like no other team was willing to trade AND give Burns $100+ contract so Morgan and co. had to settle for this trade package 

What other expectation was there really? People are just blowing months of steam knowing that there were 2 bad outcomes of that mess, overpaid or under valued in a trade. 

Its funny to me that the same people who were using the argument that Burns was actually good because these other teams valued him so highly are the same ones saying we should have kept him because the compensation wasnt enough.   Looks like they were wrong on both parts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Its funny to me that the same people who were using the argument that Burns was actually good because these other teams valued him so highly are the same ones saying we should have kept him because the compensation wasnt enough.   Looks like they were wrong on both parts.

Panthers lose no matter if they signed him to 30per or trade him for a 2nd+5th. 

It should have never gotten here- either traded him for that rams haul or you must resign him two years ago with what have been a 20per million bargain today. But its the Panthers and for the past few years they have made bad decisions yearly. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It should have never gotten here- either traded him for that rams haul or you must resign him two years ago with what have been a 20per million bargain today. But its the Panthers and for the past few years they have made bad decisions yearly. 

I agree, i think it was in the top 2 bad decisions in Panthers history,  i felt that since the day the details were mentioned, but that was a different decision makers and the past offer has nothing to do with the current one.   It was in the past.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Ahhh I remember the douche bags who were so excited about Fitterer turning down the Rams offer of 2 first rounders and a second and actually argued that Burns value would only go higher lmao.

I wouldn't call them d bags. That's a little harsh.

But only elite QBs are really worth 2 first rounders and a second. Burns was never gonna live up to that haul. Heck, 13 sacks a season wouldn't have been enough to justify that. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Agreed, and making the deal to move up last year would have been a lot easier if we had the Rams picks.   We might have even been able to keep DJ.