• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Real Reason This Trade is So Bad

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, you don't go into a rebuild saying, "We're going to suck for five years!" You don't necessarily go in half stepping on the O-line either. Moreover, you must take that excuse out of the equation for your QB, much less your prized number one overall QB.

As far as I'm concerned, it's about damned time that we prioritize the O-line. A bad O-line is the scourge of any team. 

Snoop Dogg GIF by BMF

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't rebuilding when you throw out contracts like that. That's just pure insanity.

Literally insane behavior.

As @top dawgand others have said, we're shoring up the line and actually going to try and have an NFL offense this season. Only way to know if Bryce can be salvaged.

Just now, ChibCU said:

As @top dawgand others have said, we're shoring up the line and actually going to try and have an NFL offense this season. Only way to know if Bryce can be salvaged.

Last time we did this we ended up with Matt Kalil.

Letting talent walk for cap space just means you have a lot of cap room to dish out to free agents that are looking for the bag and not a competitive team. Those guys aren't usually the best, either being reclamation projects, or players looking to wind down their career with a payday.

46 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Last time we did this we ended up with Matt Kalil.

Letting talent walk for cap space just means you have a lot of cap room to dish out to free agents that are looking for the bag and not a competitive team. Those guys aren't usually the best, either being reclamation projects, or players looking to wind down their career with a payday.

Kalil had a history of sucking. You're talking about a top 10, if not top five guard in the league. I doubt that he's trying to cash it in during the prime of his career. 

I hope you're not doing this, but some on here are chosing to believe things that simply don't make sense or very unlikely, all to support a woe-is-me attitude or a narrative that our FO (even a new one) is doing everything wrong. It's got to be miserable seeing the Panthers that way.

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Cool. He's a Panthers fan. I didn't even know that he was from North Carolina. 

At this rate the Panthers won't even be from North Carolina in a year or two. Put a sorry team on the field last year, then a sorrier team next year, raise the ticket prices, fans don't come, back up the moving fans and hello OKC, or San Antonio.

10 minutes ago, John Lee Pettimore said:

At this rate the Panthers won't even be from North Carolina in a year or two. Put a sorry team on the field last year, then a sorrier team next year, raise the ticket prices, fans don't come, back up the moving fans and hello OKC, or San Antonio.

Always a possibility. But I'd guess that both OKC and San Antonio already have music and multiple ticketed events...

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The real reason it's so awful is the value we got in return. The Giants made him the second highest paid pass rusher in the league and only gave up a 2nd and a 5th to get him. The last time I remember a pass rusher like that getting traded was when Khalil Mack got traded to the Bears. Now I think Mack was the better player but they were comparable. Mack became the highest paid edge rusher and had 40.5 sacks over the previous four years. Burns is the 2nd highest paid edge rusher and he has 38.5 sacks over the previous four years. There's a reason why the Rams offered us two 1sts and the reason was largely the standard the Khalil Mack trade set.

What did the Raiders get for Mack? Two 1sts, a 3rd, and a 6th. We got robbed.

Comparing Mack's trade to the trade today, well the circumstances are vastly different.  Mack had several years left, while the Giants are going to have to sign a giant contract for Burns.  There is zero chance that the Giants or anyone else would give up a couple of first for a player on a tag.  Not even a single first or someone would have jumped in and made the offer.  

Now if you want to complain about us not trading Burns a couple of years ago, I completely agree.  Fitterer and company should have either done the trade or bit the bullet and paid him what he wanted.  

Today's move is Morgan making what he thinks is best of a bad situation he inherited.