• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I see the direction....

Needed to shore up the interior of the line, still need a starting center.    Bryce has no chance at his height if lineman are getting a push up the middle every time.  Defense will suck, but we had a good defense last year that just wore down because the offense was so terrible. This had to be done

Well they are pretty obviously doing it for Young.

The fact is it will (or is supposed to) help whoever the QB is. So that’s a plus, they won’t leave with him. 

I guess I am just tired of accommodating foul balls and mistakes because where the hell is a home run anywhere?

Of anything that has been done for years. You would think someone could close their eyes and swing and eventually hit a home run. 

There have to be some and I am just pissed and forgetting them. Luvu? 

edit: and it IS important that the missed on Stroud. Especially if whoever did that is still involved in the decision making because that for sure was no home run. That poo was teed up. 

Edited by strato

5 hours ago, Growl said:

I absolutely theorize that they have some super secret diamond in the rough they’ve discovered that is helping justify these decisions 

also, every other team has discovered this guy and he will go way before the panthers 

the past would indicate no and they have no idea what they're doing. again.

Y'all do realize that offensive guards are the most important pieces to a pocket passer, right? Has nothing to do with height. Tom Brady's kryptonite was inside pressure. Peyton Manning's kryptonite was inside pressure. Drew Brees' kryptonite was inside pressure. See a trend? Nothing to do with height. Running QBs prefer strength on the outside so they can escape the pocket.

And center. OGs and C are crucial to pocket passers. 

Edited by Navy_football
Add Center to the equation

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're probably gonna go from an awful team with decent defense and the worst offense in the NFL to an awful team with mediocre offense and the worst defense in the NFL.

The mediocre defense was a facade. It wasn't real. Teams scored when they wanted to, but I get the sentiment. 

A mediocre offense would be more fun to watch than the blasphemy the Panthers have been marching out there the past 5 years. I just want fun football. Win, lose or draw. Just be competitive and entertaining. That's what all of this is, right?

• Pie 2

Just now, Navy_football said:

The mediocre defense was a facade. It wasn't real. Teams scored when they wanted to, but I get the sentiment. 

A mediocre offense would be more fun to watch than the blasphemy the Panthers have been marching out there the past 5 years. I just want fun football. Win, lose or draw. Just be competitive and entertaining. That's what all of this is, right?

1000%. Please just at least make it watchable and less demoralizing. 

if we do nothing else this year, please just be able to score more than 10 points and keep the other team under 100 rushing yards a game. There is something completely demoralizing when every run goes for at least 7 and you can’t do a thing to stop it. 

It’s early still, but I really want to see team building, because we end up losing the same way every single season. Several key guys we bet the farm on get hurt, we have 0 depth, more injuries pile up from players playing out of position or trying to overcompensate. 0 depth. 0 ‘Target’ shopping acquisitions. No second and 3rd round picks to positions we don’t really need help with, but they were bpa with stud potential. See the greatest player the panthers have ever had. Agent 89.

you can never go wrong with line building. We 1000% need the guys we’ve gotten. I just hope they aren’t shortsighted, again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I dont see the doom and gloom.   We were never going to be serious contenders this seasom regardless of the moves we make.  Right now this season is about determining the most important posistion on the field, qb.  We had a joke of an offense in every aspect last season.  This offseason is focusing on building at least a respectable offense scheme and personnel wise.  Then Young has no excuses,  we see what we've got and if hes improving.  He literally controls his own fate.  The defense is going to be terrible.  If he improves and the offense is solid then we win a few games.  He plays like he did last year we clearly are the worst team in the nfl with a very early pick to replace him with and we still have the building blocks of an offense around the new guy.   Bryce literally controls his own fate.  This season is about him sinking or swimming.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont see the doom and gloom.   We were never going to be serious contenders this seasom regardless of the moves we make.  Right now this season is about determining the most important posistion on the field, qb.  We had a joke of an offense in every aspect last season.  This offseason is focusing on building at least a respectable offense scheme and personnel wise.  Then Young has no excuses,  we see what we've got and if hes improving.  He literally controls his own fate.  The defense is going to be terrible.  If he improves and the offense is solid then we win a few games.  He plays like he did last year we clearly are the worst team in the nfl with a very early pick to replace him with and we still have the building blocks of an offense around the new guy.   Bryce literally controls his own fate.  This season is about him sinking or swimming.

Spoiler Alert- it was going to be doom and gloom here no matter what happened.  People are crying over players not getting overpaid and other players getting overpaid.  They are mad we didn't make a free agent sign here.  It's a mess...

• Pie 1