• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers in the running for Patrick Queen

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

I don’t understand what’s going on in this place. Sign an OG with zero all pros and people are calling him top 5 in the league. Have the chance to sign an All pro linebacker and saying he’s above average but not a top LB like wtf is going on here.

Stop conflating. Queen would be great for us, not downing the guy by any means.

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Luvu made the decision. I’m not sure you are understanding… 

Because another team valued him more. Talk about scheme all you want but I very seriously doubt Luvu left money on the table to sign with the Commanders. We valued offensive guards more. A LOT more.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because another team valued him more. Talk about scheme all you want but I very seriously doubt Luvu left money on the table to sign with the Commanders. We valued offensive guards more. A LOT more.

It was a similar contract.  Luvu WANTED to play for the Commanders because he liked the scheme and wanted to play for Quinn.  FREE agents are FREE to sign with other teams, even for less or equal money if they want. 

He also allows 75% of passes to be completed thrown towards him ranking him 12th worst in the league.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you wanted us to prioritize and overpay a linebacker to keep him?  Marty, is that you?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

So you wanted us to prioritize and overpay a linebacker to keep him?  Marty, is that you?

He just wants to be upset about something.  The man is mad we paid OGs.  After watching last year everyone should want this.  

• Beer 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He just wants to be upset about something.  The man is mad we paid OGs.  After watching last year everyone should want this.  

I don't like that we have an arguably top 5 OG top 5 LT money. That's not what smart teams do.

I mean... it's not like a Panthers fan has far to look to find something to be upset about. We don't have to go nitpicking. LOL 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't like that we have an arguably top 5 OG top 5 LT money. That's not what smart teams do.

I mean... it's not like a Panthers fan has far to look to find something to be upset about. We don't have to go nitpicking. LOL 

The Eagles just paid their OG a similar contract.  Hunt is the one you are referring to because the other OG was a reasonable contract.  Hunt is just a back loaded 3 year deal being incredibly cheap this year.  We can walk away after year 3 with no money loss.  

We should keep trying different OGs like last year though because that worked out GREAT. 

45 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

How’d that work out for us this past season?

Lol they were great at avoiding them for sure. If they can't draft OGs or DTs they shouldn't be drafting anything.

How did it work for their QB? Or 2nd round WRs? We can do this all day with a poorly run team.