• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Pass rusher extraordinaire DJ Wonnum visiting Panthers

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I think you're overplaying your hand. You're talking to someone who has read most of the posts about him going back to before the draft.

For sure there are some people who don't like him and clearly never will. I think you can count those posters here on one hand. On the other there has been a level of toxicity from people who have anointed him from jump street and honestly those folks have been the more obnoxious of the two.

If anyone has an issue with that being stated. Well tough titty.

Oh there were a group of Bryce fans before the draft that were obnoxious no doubt.  As someone who wanted Stroud I recognized it pretty quickly.  (I was ok with Young or AR as well full disclosure) I feel like most of those people are in hiding or laying low now, but I could be wrong.  I'm an Auburn fan, so it feels wrong pulling for Young but as of right now he is our guy.  If he sucks this year I will cheer for whoever replaces him. 

With that said I will still mock people on here who cry about him after every transaction we do.  We had people blaming Luvu picking Washington over us on Young.  The overreacting, constant whining about him will continue to get mocked by me.  If people don't like that then I agree with the "tough titty" comment.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Or maybe we just need a balance between someone being a hater and someone carrying his water. When you can't even state the reality of the situation without dudes barreling in here acting like his momma I'd say that fits the bill of a syndrome too.

There’s a few people on this forum trying to paint signing OL as a negative because they don’t like the QB and it makes absolutely no sense. Last year was the worst OL I have ever seen and you are actually complaining about signing a top 10 guard and another starter. This forum as a whole has wanted the team to take more action in fixing the OL since Jordan Gross retired, back when we had a 6’6 Greek god at QB. Now we make completely necessary signings after the worst year we’ve ever had at OL and it’s all of a sudden a bad thing because certain people are absolutely deranged when it comes to our current QB. It’s not holding his water to point out that fixing the OL needed to happen regardless of who the QB is.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh there were a group of Bryce fans before the draft that were obnoxious no doubt.  As someone who wanted Stroud I recognized it pretty quickly.  (I was ok with Young or AR as well full disclosure) I feel like most of those people are in hiding or laying low now, but I could be wrong.  I'm an Auburn fan, so it feels wrong pulling for Young but as of right now he is our guy.  If he sucks this year I will cheer for whoever replaces him. 

With that said I will still mock people on here who cry about him after every transaction we do.  We had people blaming Luvu picking Washington over us on Young.  The overreacting, constant whining about him will continue to get mocked by me.  If people don't like that then I agree with the "tough titty" comment.  

I too was leaning Stroud before it became clear the team was drafting Young, but I’m sure I would get painted in the Young fan category since I recognized the team was drafting him and admitted I was not a professional NFL scout so I looked for reasons to be excited rather than angry. I found myself having to defend the possibility of the team selecting Bryce Young against absolutely absurd takes like he wasn’t a legitimate first round prospect, he wasn’t the consensus #1 pick, the team didn’t know how much he weighed or how tall he was, etc.

We all would have preferred to talk about other things, but it was all absurdity. There were one or 2 guys that would start a Bryce Young bashing thread with any random tweet from a joe schmoe they could find. Multiple per day. There was some CJ bashing, the Ohio State QB thing, S2 score, etc., but it was rarely as vitriolic as the Bryce Young size stans, and CJ was the majority favorite on the huddle.

It was fairly clear what was going to happen. The Bryce hate even when everybody knew he was 95% going to be the pick was apparent. But they said “Oh we’ll be his biggest cheerleaders if the team drafts him, but until then…” it was all bullshit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

There’s a few people on this forum trying to paint signing OL as a negative because they don’t like the QB and it makes absolutely no sense. Last year was the worst OL I have ever seen and you are actually complaining about signing a top 10 guard and another starter. This forum as a whole has wanted the team to take more action in fixing the OL since Jordan Gross retired, back when we had a 6’6 Greek god at QB. Now we make completely necessary signings after the worst year we’ve ever had at OL and it’s all of a sudden a bad thing because certain people are absolutely deranged when it comes to our current QB. It’s not holding his water to point out that fixing the OL needed to happen regardless of who the QB is.

Where have I complained about the signings? I was supportive of the signings. The issue is regardless of who will be the QB by 2025 we still have depth issues across the line center is iffy at best and we've catapulted to the top of the cap allocation for offensive line across the entire league with only signing two guards. It is not hating on anyone or anything to discuss the fact that while we have on paper majorly addressed one of our biggest flaws from last season it still remains to be seen in play.

Edited by frankw

15 hours ago, Krovvy said:

And yet Brian Burns statistically mogged all of these JAGs.

We can act like it's a sunk cost, but the reality is he developed as a player and because of that had to be paid by someone. It's not a sunk cost that a first round pick played well and had multiple teams willing to make trade offers over the years, that's an asset. If you want to say Burns was an asset that was traded, go ahead, that's what happen. If you want to paint a picture that Burns was a JAG that we got burned on somehow, well that's just copium.

Oh, and one in the hand is worth two in the bush is a idiom for a reason.

To be fair it shows how overvalued Burns was compared to what some Burns fans thought he was once that 30m price tag he was wanting was factored in.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

@TheSpecialJuan paste...then wait and let the magic happen...THEN hit submit.

it's sooooooooooo easy.

It’s not. That doesn’t work for everyone. I’ve tried it multiple times, and it never embeds no matter how long I wait if I copied the link straight from x app. 

40 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I too was leaning Stroud before it became clear the team was drafting Young, but I’m sure I would get painted in the Young fan category since I recognized the team was drafting him and admitted I was not a professional NFL scout so I looked for reasons to be excited rather than angry. I found myself having to defend the possibility of the team selecting Bryce Young against absolutely absurd takes like he wasn’t a legitimate first round prospect, he wasn’t the consensus #1 pick, the team didn’t know how much he weighed or how tall he was, etc.

We all would have preferred to talk about other things, but it was all absurdity. There were one or 2 guys that would start a Bryce Young bashing thread with any random tweet from a joe schmoe they could find. Multiple per day. There was some CJ bashing, the Ohio State QB thing, S2 score, etc., but it was rarely as vitriolic as the Bryce Young size stans, and CJ was the majority favorite on the huddle.

It was fairly clear what was going to happen. The Bryce hate even when everybody knew he was 95% going to be the pick was apparent. But they said “Oh we’ll be his biggest cheerleaders if the team drafts him, but until then…” it was all bullshit.

The CJ Stroud hate was rarely vitriolic? People were questioning his character his intelligence his background because of his father why he showed up to an event wearing a single piece of jewelry around his neck instead of sitting at home staring at a wall he was also called out by blowhards like Brady Quinn for not attenting The Forehead's QB camp etc etc. Whereas Bryce Young had every excuse afforded to him because he played for Alabama even when he decided to forego throwing at the combine. Let's not revise history here.

And furthermore I can go back and show you the log of several hundred poo reactions over the span of roughly a month leading up to the draft from one Bryce Young fanatic in particular who has since gone missing. There were other posters who either got banned or returned on new accounts after having full throated meltdowns over their defense of Bryce Young.

Most rational people want Bryce Young to succeed regardless of if they wanted CJ Stroud more because what's done is done. But we will not stop hearing about that until Bryce Young shows and proves why he was selected first overall regardless of all the other moving parts around him. Great players elevate. It's as simple as that.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

It was at 1st. It's getting old now. He's been told enough times now that he's not ignorant to the isse. He has to be doing it on purpose.

It doesn’t work like that for everyone. Links copied directly from x app don’t automatically embed for me. Saw another poster saying the same. It only works if we open the tweet in chrome and then copy. 

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Where have I complained about the signings? I was supportive of the signings. The issue is regardless of who will be the QB by 2025 we still have depth issues across the line center is iffy at best and we've catapulted to the top of the cap allocation for offensive line across the entire league with only signing two guards. It is not hating on anyone or anything to discuss the fact that while we have on paper majorly addressed one of our biggest flaws from last season it still remains to be seen in play.

?

16 hours ago, frankw said:

We have well over one hundred million dollars tied up in the oline to protect the smallest starting QB in the league that we traded a ransom to move up for. What exactly are you expecting? Filling in the roster with what we can get while we work on the offense was always the inevitability like it or not.

So you saying you meant this in a positive way? Lol.

Also, not just you, I did say a few posters and this post you made put you in that category. Again, what does Young’s size have to do with anything here? The clear implication you made is that the investment is based on Young’s size. Not based on OL being the worst unit on the team last year. Not based on helping the run game. Not based on helping any QB under center next year and moving forward. Not based on the previous personnel not being able to execute the blocking scheme of the new coach. Not based on both previous starting guards coming off back to back long term injuries. Not based on being able to move Christensen to swing tackle where he may be able to execute a wide zone blocking scheme better than Ickey. You specifically mentioned Young, and only Young, as a reason we had to make investments in the OL, with the implication it was a gratuitous and unnecessary investment that would not necessarily need to happen with a larger QB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Interested to know where this goes - Mike Danna is another on the younger side that could be a longer term investment like Wonnum.  Ascending talent that could turn into a plus-starter with the right situation.  And having the Brown-Robinson-Tuttle front could really help some young & hungry EDGE rushers.  

Those are the two I'm rather keen on.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Interested to know where this goes - Mike Danna is another on the younger side that could be a longer term investment like Wonnum.  Ascending talent that could turn into a plus-starter with the right situation.  And having the Brown-Robinson-Tuttle front could really help some young & hungry EDGE rushers.  

Those are the two I'm rather keen on.

I heard the Eagles were releasing Sweat. He would be a good pickup as well.

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

It doesn’t work like that for everyone. Links copied directly from x app don’t automatically embed for me. Saw another poster saying the same. It only works if we open the tweet in chrome and then copy. 

I hate to give clicks to anyone. If wanted to follow along on X I would create an account. No problem, I'll just wait for someone else to post it.

• Beer 2