• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good FA so far minus Burns trade

NAS

If it wasn’t for the crappy return on Brian Burns knowing last year we could have gotten two first for him, the FA has been more than solid so far.  We know it was Tepper meddling and refusing to trade Burns and also not willing to pay him $30MM a year. 

Burns was a sunk cost and Morgan had to get what he could, and nobody was willing to give a first rounder at this point. I do truly believe he got the best deal he could at this point in time.

I will choose to judge him on the other moves which have been solid, solidifying the guard positions, trading for a receiver and signing some good defenders.  

He will need to maximize the returns on draft picks.   Both second rounders will have to be legitimate starters when the season starts or it’s a bust. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

I am sure that is the best damn deal would could get for Burns at this point so I don't even see it as bad. He was not going to sign the franchise tender, he was going to be a hold out nightmare. This was 100% smart for Dan to do this and pull the plug 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Not a fan of the guard money unless Corbett and Christensen injuries are career threatening. Need a track star WR and an rb who can break tackles. Defense is going to be cover 0 and hope for turnovers.

Lol wut. Why do people keep acting like signing guards is bad. The saints made a living off this and that is why they had elite OLs. We needed serious depth regardless because look what happened this year. 
the guards we signed are massive and that is going to make our oline so much better

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

Gained:

2nd, 5th

DT A’Shawn Robinson

LB Josie Jewell

WR Diontae Johnson

RG Robert Hunt

LG Damien Lewis

Maybe: EDGE DJ Wonnum

Lost/Ditched:

Frankie Luvu

Brian Burns

Jeremy Chinn

Donte Jackson

YGM

Bradley Bozeman

Vonn Bell

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Lol wut. Why do people keep acting like signing guards is bad. The saints made a living off this and that is why they had elite OLs. We needed serious depth regardless because look what happened this year. 
the guards we signed are massive and that is going to make our oline so much better

OL is general is absolutely premium right now.  The league lacks overall talent there

Burns return was perfectly in line with what should have been expected. It allowed everythig else. I'd rather have the players we got than 1 Burns on paper. Will see

Edited by csx
  • Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Gained:

2nd, 5th

DT A’Shawn Robinson

LB Josie Jewell

WR Diontae Johnson

RG Robert Hunt

LG Damien Lewis

Maybe: EDGE DJ Wonnum

Lost/Ditched:

Frankie Luvu

Brian Burns

Jeremy Chinn

Donte Jackson

YGM

Bradley Bozeman

Vonn Bell

Only one I’m remotely disappointed in is Luvu, but he wanted to move on.

Would have also liked to kept Bozeman as depth because cutting him didn’t affect the cap, but I won’t lose sleep over it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

If it wasn’t for the crappy return on Brian Burns knowing last year we could have gotten two first for him, the FA has been more than solid so far.  We know it was Tepper meddling and refusing to trade Burns and also not willing to pay him $30MM a year. 

Burns was a sunk cost and Morgan had to get what he could, and nobody was willing to give a first rounder at this point. I do truly believe he got the best deal he could at this point in time.

I will choose to judge him on the other moves which have been solid, solidifying the guard positions, trading for a receiver and signing some good defenders.  

He will need to maximize the returns on draft picks.   Both second rounders will have to be legitimate starters when the season starts or it’s a bust. 

No way we were gonna get a 1st for a guy and they'd have to pay him $30M in his first season. 

Carolina would have had a Tee Higgins situation like Cincinnati. Them standing strong on multiple high picks is gonna screw them in the long run. Tee has already requested a trade. It's gonna get ugly.

• Pie 1

Burns quitting on his team over money showed his true colors. He got exactly what he deserved. The NY sports media. One trick pony better find paydirt in the NFC East. I’d have let him go for a pack of grape big league chew so I’m really pretty pleased with what we got. 

As much as I disagree with forking over big $ for free agents in the beginning stages of FA, nothing they’ve done has been out of line. I’ll be patient and hopefully less synical. 

• Pie 1