• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should draft Randy Moss 2.0

CRA

46 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He is a different beast than many all together. Had the privilege of making his acquaintance the past two seasons and regularly spending some time with him so I am probably biased but he has the best attitude of any young athlete I have ever watched, witnessed, worked with or alongside.

One of the most humble and generally decent humans you will meet. No matter how busy he was the guy always had time to talk to a child and help/offer words of encouragement. Adversity built that guy into something special. He is no joke and will prove any doubters very wrong at the next level. I was so blown away by who he is as a human being and a work ethic like I have never seen before and I've been around a ton of quite accomplished athletes the past 20 years. There is something special about this young man, it shines through when you talk to him for just 30 seconds. A good soul and motivated heart is an understatement when describing him.

Thats awesome, but those being his main selling points reminds me of all the posts about Corral being the first to the field.  I woild take a flyer on him or coleman in the third but not with one of the seconds which is afraid is what we are going to do because no matter what the era or staff is, the panthers always seem obsessed with heavy physical receivers that make contested catches constantly in college (red flag)

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 1

I think there's a chance. I think he's a dawg. I know that McConkey is a dawg (big and little D), but McConkey is so much more polished. But Legette has the size and durability. Both are hard workers. Mitchell might be the spawn of them both. 

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

So don’t draft him with one of our 2nds but if he is there in round 3 grab him? 

I’d prefer to trade down to mid 2nd round with #33, acquire an extra day 2 pick, and use the mid 2nd on Legette. I just don’t think he’ll be there in the 3rd. 

There are a couple of other WRs I’d like to draft too, but that’s my ideal scenario for Legette. 

4 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

One year wonder that never got speration.  Imagine mingo light with short arms and small hands.

Naw (in Legette voice)

I’d trade Mingo for a mid round pick if it meant we get Legette. 

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know enough about him but I’ve heard he kind of is a one year wonder. Is this true USC fans?

He showed flashes in 2022 and especially the bowl game but was overshadowed in the regular season by Juice Wells. He also credits his work with Deebo in the offseason as having a huge impact on his game. He may be a one year wonder by metrics but it was all due to hardwork and development and not so much of a fluke. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

One year wonder that never got speration.  Imagine mingo light with short arms and small hands.

Leggette's breakout season wasn't really comparable to Mingo's best season.  Leggette was much more productive and better.  Leggette needs work as a route runner...but his hands are one of his strengths.  I mean, you can google Harrison Jr's hand size and wing span say the same thing about his arms and hands.   

Mingo's best season was middle of the road SEC play.  Leggette's was one of the very best in the SEC. 

Both are a bit raw coming in.  That's true.  But Leggette's ceiling is different IMO. 

and I say that as true Gamecock hater.  I actually like Gamecock WRs/DBs historically as NFL players.  They have a tough life in the SEC playing atSC.  They have often yielded decent returns. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

40 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

He showed flashes in 2022 and especially the bowl game but was overshadowed in the regular season by Juice Wells. He also credits his work with Deebo in the offseason as having a huge impact on his game. He may be a one year wonder by metrics but it was all due to hardwork and development and not so much of a fluke. 

You obviously understand his situation and can see through the basic "He is big and can't get separation" talk. He will succeed at teg next level and we will regret not taking him if we do I have a feeling.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, CRA said:

Leggette's breakout season wasn't really comparable to Mingo's best season.  Leggette was much more productive and better.  Leggette needs work as a route runner...but his hands are one of his strengths.  I mean, you can google Harrison Jr's hand size and wing span say the same thing about his arms and hands.   

Mingo's best season was middle of the road SEC play.  Leggette's was one of the very best in the SEC. 

Both are a bit raw coming in.  That's true.  But Leggette's ceiling is different IMO. 

and I say that as true Gamecock hater.  I actually like Gamecock WRs/DBs historically as NFL players.  They have a tough life in the SEC playing atSC.  They have often yielded decent returns. 

Harrison has tape of his speed and getting seperation though.   I dont want any receiver who was known for how well they made contested catches in college. 

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Harrison has tape of his speed and getting seperation though.   I dont want any receiver who was known for how well they made contested catches in college. 

Legette will be more AJ Brown than Mingo imo. He has plenty of speed on film.