• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams rumor

I've had him in fantasy and the injuries are truly frustrating, much worse than the stats indicate. Lots of not finishing games or disappearing for long stretches of time. Bryce has no deep ball or back shoulder to the sideline type throws so seems like a bad fit to me. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mage said:

So what, should the Panthers just give up rather than surrounding him with the best possible talent to see what they have in him?

And even if Bryce continues to suck, wouldn't it be nice to already have good players here for if we have to transition to a new QB in 2025?

I'm not even saying I want Williams but this logic doesn't make any sense.  Maybe Bryce can't do anything with someone who can get downfield, but we won't know for sure unless we try and surround him with guys like that.  And if he fails, then at least we have talent in place for the next QB.

Where did I say not to sign him?

Am I crazy to think a (healthy) Mike Williams makes this team a fringe division contender? That would be three solid vet receivers on the team. Morgan was patched up the O-line. I don't think losing Burns will matter in the long run, and they can use the 2 seconds on either a RB or pass rusher or both and if (huge if) Bryce turns into a competent QB next year the season might not be a disaster. 

43 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Am I crazy to think a (healthy) Mike Williams makes this team a fringe division contender? That would be three solid vet receivers on the team. Morgan was patched up the O-line. I don't think losing Burns will matter in the long run, and they can use the 2 seconds on either a RB or pass rusher or both and if (huge if) Bryce turns into a competent QB next year the season might not be a disaster. 

We will not be using a 2nd on a RB. 

I didn't realize that Williams was so old. Dude is pushing 30. 

I don't think he's coming here. The Bolts are trying to bring him back at a cheaper number, and likely one that's more fitting with his production based upon what he's already done. 

If he's looking for a championship, we can forget it. If he's looking to make a bigger impact, then maybe. If he's looking for a longer contract, I kinda doubt we'll want to make that investment for someone whose production has slid downward the last three seasons; of course he was hurt last year, but that brings up other questions. 

I don't know. 

16 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I don't see how a pass catching RB Bryce can check down to wouldn't be a key ingredient to a turn away. Miles Sanders and Chuba Hubbard are JAGs. The rushing attack sucks and a big reason DEs could pen their ears back nearly every play.

You can get better value by waiting. You may not have a back taken until late round two at the earliest.