• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic projection for #33as of March 21

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

If we took Ladd McConkey at 33 and then (assuming we don't sign any legit edges) I would love to see us grab (and you need to see my post in the 2024 draft section to understand why)  the Edge from Utah at #39 Jonah Ellis.  He is under the radar because he had a bad shoulder during the second half of the season and he still played-- and his recovery kept him from participating in all star games, so the experts on social media have him much lower than he probably is on teams' boards.  I doubt he makes it past pick 50. 

I would then like to see us take another developmental WR later.  McCaffery from Rice or Jalen Coker from Holy Cross--we might even take Jerry Rice's kid in round 3.

I am honestly banking on the fact that we will suck at DE/EDGE for a little while. But, we should have a lot of top 10 draft picks in the next 3-5 seasons to remedy that issue so I am not too worried about it.

It really seems like 99 percent of the panther fan base are hard stuck on McConkey or Legette and I don't like either of them at pick 33.

I'd rather have either of the Texas WRs, a Center, or an edge rusher, before either of those two. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

2nd round. Wide Receiver. Carolina Panthers.

WhaNervous Key And Peele GIF

At this point just hit on the pick. IDGAF which one.

Please tell me the last great panthers WR drafted in R2. I'll wait..

I can however tell you about several bust WR we got 

Dwayne Jarret, Keary Colbert, Devin Funchess, Terrace Marshall Jr, Jonathan Mingo 

The only 2nd Round WRs drafted in Carolina Panthers history that ever amounted to anything were Musin Muhammad and Curtis Samuel. Let that sink in.

A common trend among a lot of them is lack of explosiveness. If we do draft a WR I'd prefer a mother fuger like Worthy with rockets up his ass. 

Edited by Hoenheim

56 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It really seems like 99 percent of the panther fan base are hard stuck on McConkey or Legette and I don't like either of them at pick 33.

I'd rather have either of the Texas WRs, a Center, or an edge rusher, before either of those two. 

How about both McConkey and Legette then. I would take a DE or LB with 33 or 39 though, but both McConkey and Legette together could be fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Please tell me the last great panthers WR drafted in R2. I'll wait..

I can however tell you about several bust WR we got 

Dwayne Jarret, Keary Colbert, Devin Funchess, Terrace Marshall Jr, Jonathan Mingo 

The only 2nd Round WRs drafted in Carolina Panthers history that ever amounted to anything were Musin Muhammad and Curtis Samuel. Let that sink in.

A common trend among a lot of them is lack of explosiveness. If we do draft a WR I'd prefer a mother fuger like Worthy with rockets up his ass. 

Super agreed!!!

Moose set such a bad precedent in the 2nd round for our franchise (even though he was great)...we literally can not stop trying to draft a "possession" WR in the 2nd because of him.