• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic projection for #33as of March 21

Many talk about the SC receiver….Athletic goes a different way 

Teams without Round 1 picks

33. Carolina Panthers: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

The Panthers’ roster has undergone a lot of change since our last mock draft.

One constant: the need to give Bryce Young more playmakers.

Our choice for Carolina at 33, McConkey has done nothing but improve his draft stock in the month since our initial mock, running a 4.39 40 at the combine and impressing at Georgia’s pro day.

As Brugler noted, McConkey’s 3.97-second short shuttle would have been the best time among all positions at the combine, and his 6.72-second three-cone would have ranked in the top five.

Though McConkey’s size and injury history might raise concerns, his burst and ability to separate would help a Panthers receiving corps that has already added Diontae Johnson via trade. — Joseph Person

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I really hope they double dip at WR in the 2nd 

We need an edge, literally and figuratively.   There will be plenty of WRs still available at the top of the 3rd round.  Pass rushers drop off fairly quickly.  So WR/OLB at #33 and #39 and then WR again at #65 I'd be cool with.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We need an edge, literally and figuratively.   There will be plenty of WRs still available at the top of the 3rd round.  Pass rushers drop off fairly quickly.  So WR/OLB at #33 and #39 and then WR again at #65 I'd be cool with.

There's a very good chance a player like Brenden Rice or Javon Baker is there at 65, if we went speedy/shifty WR in R1 (McConkey, Worthy, Franklin, Pearsall) and wanted to double dip in R3.

I personally think we are locked in on Coleman, McConkey and Legette (in that order) at 33. I think a re-signed Diontae + Coleman + Mingo + ISM is a very balanced young core 1-4 for Bryce for the next 3 years. Let this coaching staff try to turn Temble into Otton and/or find our TE1 in '25. 

• Pie 1

Mitchell ... Ladd and Leggette all got potential  to be ranked just as high than guys going in round 1 outside  of Harrison Jr to me. Just depends on if any or all reach their potential. All seem like they are dedicated to to the game too.  Mitchell honestly reminds me of a mix of the 2 btw. 

Edited by Lurk21

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Yea, plenty of the same do nothing crap we've drafted in the past.   We need hits at WR...Not another TMJ.. but ok with either edge or WR...

Edited by Johnstonny

If we took Ladd McConkey at 33 and then (assuming we don't sign any legit edges) I would love to see us grab (and you need to see my post in the 2024 draft section to understand why)  the Edge from Utah at #39 Jonah Ellis.  He is under the radar because he had a bad shoulder during the second half of the season and he still played-- and his recovery kept him from participating in all star games, so the experts on social media have him much lower than he probably is on teams' boards.  I doubt he makes it past pick 50. 

I would then like to see us take another developmental WR later.  McCaffery from Rice or Jalen Coker from Holy Cross--we might even take Jerry Rice's kid in round 3.

• Beer 1