• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI mock draft

RD 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman (Florida State)

For the sake of mixing things up, we're going to say West Virginia center Zach Frazier is off the board, going in the final few picks of the first round. Coleman has tremendous size and length and has the traits to be a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. 

RD 2, Pick 39 (from NYG): CB Kamari Lassiter (Georgia)

Aside from receiver and center, you could make the argument that corner is the next biggest need for Carolina. Lassiter is a mechanic with his technique and has the upside of being a rock solid No. 2 to Jaycee Horn. He's not the biggest cat in the world (5'11", 182 lbs) but he plays with a great deal of toughness and physicality. 

RD 3, Pick 65: C Sedrick Van Pran (Georgia)

Van Pran should be talked about more in the second round or at least in the same breath as Jackson Powers-Johnson and Zach Frazier. He may not go until about this point in the third, but he's capable of being a day one starter. He's uber athletic for his size which makes him a great fit for Dave Canales' system.

RD 4, Pick 101: TE Cade Stover (Ohio State)

This is kind of no-man's land here as far as tight ends are concerned but the Panthers have to add to the position. Stover isn't going to be an immediate contributor in the pass game but can certainly develop into one over time.

RD 5, Pick 141 (from NYG): EDGE Javon Solomon (Troy)

I've been high on Solomon for quite some time. He's got all of the makings of being a day three hidden gem with his ability to rush the passer and be a disrupter in the backfield. Losing Frankie Luvu hurts in the short-term, but Solomon could fill that void rather early in his career.

RD 5, Pick 142 (from TEN): DT Jordan Jefferson (LSU)

Jefferson is going to be a little bit of a project, but more of a guy that just needs some fine-tuning. He plays with a mean streak and is one of the more freakishly athletic dudes in this draft that no one really knows about. He plays the game the way it should be played - definitely a Dan Morgan guy.

RD 7, Pick 240 (from PIT): WR Josh Cephus (UTSA)

With the final pick we'll double dip here at receiver because why not? Even with Diontae Johnson and the earlier selection of Keon Coleman, Carolina could still use some more depth at receiver. Cephus has played a ton of ball, logging 313 receptions for 3,655 yards and 28 touchdowns during his career at UTSA.

Horrible at the top. Lassiter ran a 4.65 at his pro-day. Funchess ran a 4.5 at his pro-day after a 4.7 at the combine.

Also, not sold on Coleman. I don’t like hearing that he doesn’t get separation. Feels like more of the same.

• Pie 2

Lassiter's timed speed is definitely concerning, no doubt about it. Keep in mind that Josh Norman ran similarly, then again he was also a 5th round pick in large part because of it.

I'm a big fan of Cade Stover. It wouldn't shock me if he continues the trend of third and fourth tier TE prospects who prove to be better than more hyped prospects.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lassiter's timed speed is definitely concerning, no doubt about it. Keep in mind that Josh Norman ran similarly, then again he was also a 5th round pick in large part because of it.

I'm a big fan of Cade Stover. It wouldn't shock me if he continues the trend of third and fourth tier TE prospects who prove to be better than more hyped prospects.

Just like all of our “ignore deficiencies” picks (Little, Gaulden, Young…). No one would bitch about them if they were day 3 picks versus trade up/day 1/2 picks. We seem to have a pattern.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Just like all of our “ignore deficiencies” picks (Little, Gaulden, Young…). No one would bitch about them if they were day 3 picks versus trade up/day 1/2 picks. We seem to have a pattern.

Yep, I mean day three picks you're pretty much choosing college production with questionable measurables or good measurables with head scratching my little production.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, I mean day three picks you're pretty much choosing college production with questionable measurables or good measurables with head scratching my little production.

Or on day 3 you’re picking long snappers and vastly overweight players over college/production with good measurable and medical concerns that went away like Star’s.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I’m with you on stover, has a very similar profile to other star TEs that were overlooked in the draft as well.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, chknwing said:

PFN_Draft_result_1711409210224.png

I don’t agree on Coleman; I would say if Adonai Mitchell is available the team should take him. Instead of drafting Braelon Allen; I’d draft a CB if Khyree Jackson or Elijah Jones if available. 5th round: Ben Sinnott, TE and ?(WR/CB, or ED if you haven’t drafted one yet). Then draft Drake Nugent, C in the 7th round.