• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales on fixing Bryce's footwork

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure seemed that way. Like once they got him into camp and found out just how limited he was it was basically full on panic. Like we just traded up to #1 overall to draft UDFA level raw talent.

You strawmen might have something to grasp at if the entire offense wasn't a complete dumpster fire from the scheme, to play calling, all the way down to the personnel. You guys keep harping on things like Young was the only problem on offense last year and that couldn't be further from the truth. As bad as Young was the OG position was probably the worst display of OG play in NFL history. No QB can operate efficiently with that level of Guard play. Miles Sanders? 0 separation from the WRs? Roll all of that into a ball and then throw a 5'10 QB behind center and wonder why it's such a disaster. Young was part of the problem but a small part. If the rest of the offense gets fixed and we have a coach that actually coaches the offense won't be anywhere near as bad as it was last year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

like how he implies after a year of tape, they still have to figure out what routes and concepts bryce is comfortable with 

Did you not watch the video package they put together for the segment? Bruuuuuutal. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, XClown1986 said:

Some of you guys are insufferable.

I mean I can't blame anyone for taking the seeing is believing approach to our #1 pick considering we have had the worst win percentage in all of professional sports the last few years.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and another thing, did he work with geno and bakers footwork or just install a scheme that benefited their skill set?  He seems to be taking a poo ton of credit for a lot of things

He was the QB Coach in Seattle (2018-2019 and 2022).

I don't think he's claiming to have reinvented the wheel here - he explicitly states that no matter the QB (experience included) they always go back to basics in the pre-season with their fundamentals. 

Personally I think the only way Canales succeeds is if he sucked up every possible lesson he could from Pete Carroll.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

You strawmen might have something to grasp at if the entire offense wasn't a complete dumpster fire from the scheme, to play calling, all the way down to the personnel. You guys keep harping on things like Young was the only problem on offense last year and that couldn't be further from the truth. As bad as Young was the OG position was probably the worst display of OG play in NFL history. No QB can operate efficiently with that level of Guard play. Miles Sanders? 0 separation from the WRs? Roll all of that into a ball and then throw a 5'10 QB behind center and wonder why it's such a disaster. Young was part of the problem but a small part. If the rest of the offense gets fixed and we have a coach that actually coaches the offense won't be anywhere near as bad as it was last year.

Yeah, the dumpster fire was literally because of everyone and everything except for Bryce Young. Keep believing that.

I don't think that anyone has tried to argue that Bryce was the only problem but your head had to be deep in the sand to not see that he was a big part of the problem. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We work on the footwork regardless of who the qb is, every year at the beginning of camp.

Tom Brady, I know you are the greatest of all time, but we are going to start this years camp by working on your footwork.  lol

I do hope he can turn the kid into a good qb.  

That's exactly what a consummate professional like Brady would do. I've no doubt Brees, Manning et al did it too.

It's how you retain your edge. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the dumpster fire was literally because of everyone and everything except for Bryce Young. Keep believing that.

Yeah some people can't imagine defenses playing us a certain way because of Bryce. We literally couldn't run certain plays because he physically couldn't execute them and defenses knew it, It's pretty easy to defend only 20 yards of the field. 

• Pie 4

Every defense we faced knew from watching the tape that half the field was off the table. Nobody feared Bryce's arm talent regardless of the oline or receivers.

Even months later some simply cannot accept it.

You have my sympathy.

• Pie 1

he does seem confident and convincing and like he has a plan, but we've already seen with Tepper that...

a.) he's susceptible to that and 

b.) it doesn't always translate

Rhule was basically a carnival barker with his fuging presentation. 

I need to get an interview as a consultant and pitch how a ground and pound, ball control offense is the way to go due to market inefficiencies and remind him how the steelers took advantage of this in the late nineties and early 2000s when everyone went to tampa 2 defenses. 

bet i could make at least 7 figures, and i'd rehost the huddle

16 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

his foot work is shtty cause he can't see over the line...only way to save him is move him around behind the line to find a passing lane....

yeah....

bryce has been with the best coaches possible his entire playing life. Well, until last year obviously.

He throws the way he throws for a reason.

If I was really bored I'd look up what people on here said about The Golden Calf of Bristol's throwing motion coming out. 

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I mean I can't blame anyone for taking the seeing is believing approach to our #1 pick considering we have had the worst win percentage in all of professional sports the last few years.

There's nothing wrong with the wait and see approach. But those aren't types of perspectives I'm seeing from a lot of people. They're just looking for any excuse to bash Bryce and reduce Canales to nothing before he even steps foot on the field as the head coach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1