• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope for TMJ?

4 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

April Fools???

Just to get some new blood flowing--however, yes, he is still on the roster and a new system/coach might help.  I am going out on a limb here and going to speculate that the staff and front office know more than the Huddle--the over reactors of everything Panther related.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CRA said:

Reason I pump the breaks on both TMJ and Mingo…..is they were just 500-700 per year collegiate guys. 

yep. And if they became that here, it would not be bad for the 4th and 5th WRs--they were over drafted.  Mingo had 418 yards in 2023 and TMJ had 490 yards in 2022--under horrible conditions for WRs.   Although rare, if everyone does their jobs, you don't necessarily need 2 1000 yd WRs. 

434551830_18083244751450621_805319928967751449_n.thumb.jpg.920b02c95ec3ef3749088b8e33186d1b.jpg

Edited by MHS831

Posted (edited)

By the way--some of you need some ability to understand that a thread that is titled "Hope for TMJ?" Is not a ringing endorsement to fit him for a yellow jacket.  It means that he might still have a pulse, and perhaps it is too premature to throw dirt on his casket.  Do you comprehend the difference? 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Just to get some new blood flowing--however, yes, he is still on the roster and a new system/coach might help.  I am going out on a limb here and going to speculate that the staff and front office know more than the Huddle--the over reactors of everything Panther related.

I had a ton of hope for him, entering every season. He had a shot last year to separate himself. He didn’t. He actually lost playing time. I doubt he makes it through camp at this point.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

By the way--some of you need some ability to understand that a thread that is titled "Hope for TMJ?" Is not a ringing endorsement to fit him for a yellow jacket.  It means that he might still have a pulse, and perhaps it is too premature to throw dirt on his casket.  Do you comprehend the difference? 

Hugs Gif GIFs | Tenor

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

No he is not being blamed for the last two seasons but you really cannot excuse Young’s effect last year. I know you want to, so you do.

So by your logic, the jury is still out on Ian Thomas because of the "Young effect".  All we have to do is ignore all of his previous seasons pre-Young where he looked like the same guy as last year.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

So by your logic, the jury is still out on Ian Thomas because of the "Young effect".  All we have to do is ignore all of his previous seasons pre-Young where he looked like the same guy as last year.

And by that same logic, AT would have put up 1,400 yards with another QB.

also. Where’s the “shitty Oline effect” or “shitty WRs  effect “???

Edited by La Pantera

I seem to remember TMJ having a good game or part of one, and Reich highlighted that, and the next week forgot to get him in the game. 

That was TMJ right? And Lavishka, same type of deal. 

Edited by strato

24 minutes ago, strato said:

I seem to remember TMJ having a good game or part of one, and Reich highlighted that, and the next week forgot to get him in the game. 

That was TMJ right? And Lavishka, same type of deal. 

Yeah Frank was half asleep.  He also called up a play for a WR that wasn't on the field and had to use a timeout.  Still Bryce's fault thought damn it!

“I called a play for Thielen,” he said. “And then, I realized he was out. And I didn’t know he was out fast enough. It was a play that could only go to Thielen. So, I had to change the call. And that was the one we had to call a timeout on.”

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1

I'm not sure he deserves a roster spot, but I'd take him on the practice squad.  The effort didn't seem to be there last year and this is when I start giving up on players.  I hope he can turn it around and have a productive career.