• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Visits/Prospect Meetings Tracker

Just now, PantherKyle said:

Would Corbett just be a swing backup?

I dunno if it would be a good idea to start a rookie C game 1 with Bryce being Bryce and Canales trying to call plays and head coach at the same time. Sounds like a clusterfugg. Not that Corbett actually has much experience at C either though

23 hours ago, Basbear said:

I looked into this some, Robinson never played NT by my findings. I've been asking what the line looks like given there's three guys in the 330 range and clowney played DE too(at least he did for Texans). SO I know they rotate heavy, but egos are egos about who's starting. 

I wanted sweat in the 3rd for a true NT until he screwed up, but Id still draft him in the 4th now... Just like with center, panthers don't have a NT on the roster...Tuttle is just acting as one. 

I'd still take Sweat in the third. I know he messed up a bit but they are kids. They make mistakes. Sweat or Van Prann are my 3rd round hopes unless JPJ falls to 33. I like Robinson but he is more of a 3-4 DE or possibly a Gross Matos upgrade. With Clowney though I think it's not the best use of that high 2nd.  

• Beer 1

reported top 30 visits as of April 16th (18/30):

WRs (5)
USC Brenden Rice
Western Kentucky Malachi Corley
Texas Xavier Worthy
Washington Jalen McMillan
Oregon Troy Franklin

RBs (2)
Texas Jonathon Brooks
Florida State Trey Benson

TEs (2)
Kansas State Ben Sinnott
Texas Ja’Tavion Sanders

OL (2)
Arizona Jordan Morgan
Oregon Jackson Powers-Johnson

EDGE (2)
Kansas Austin Booker
Western Michigan Marshawn Kneeland

DTs (2)
Clemson Ruke Orhorhoro
LSU Maason Smith

LBs (2)

Kentucky Trevin Wallace
Texas A&M Edgerrin Cooper
NC State Payton Wilson

On 4/12/2024 at 4:50 PM, Jackie Lee said:

I dunno if it would be a good idea to start a rookie C game 1 with Bryce being Bryce and Canales trying to call plays and head coach at the same time. Sounds like a clusterfugg. Not that Corbett actually has much experience at C either though

I don't know how serious our C needs are with Corbett in the mix BUT it seems a lil wild that they've put all those resources into the line but didn't address the most important position on it.  

I think we're using the Payton/Brees era formula. Elite Guard play over Elite tackle play. Brees wasn't a mobile Qb but he could navigate the pocket insanely well. He could also read defenses quickly and had a annoying ass quick release. That said, I despise the guy but Bryce has to be able to step up. It's that fact thats leading me to think that C is actually a priority and Corbett is a smoke screen/backup to LG. 

I don't think they're spending any more $$ on that line. So it's either 1 of 3 choices... Corbett is some unknown pro Bowler at C or he's atleast average at the position. 3rd option would be the worst case, which places the question mark in the middle. 

They released Boze to slide Corbett over? Nah, our next Center is coming from Oregon, Duke or Georgia imo.

Hell I don't even think we've selected a Center in the last decade iirc. 

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

reported top 30 visits as of April 16th (18/30):

WRs (5)
USC Brenden Rice
Western Kentucky Malachi Corley
Texas Xavier Worthy
Washington Jalen McMillan
Oregon Troy Franklin

RBs (2)
Texas Jonathon Brooks
Florida State Trey Benson

TEs (2)
Kansas State Ben Sinnott
Texas Ja’Tavion Sanders

OL (2)
Arizona Jordan Morgan
Oregon Jackson Powers-Johnson

EDGE (2)
Kansas Austin Booker
Western Michigan Marshawn Kneeland

DTs (2)
Clemson Ruke Orhorhoro
LSU Maason Smith

LBs (2)

Kentucky Trevin Wallace
Texas A&M Edgerrin Cooper
NC State Payton Wilson

A lot of 2nd and 3rd round players. Some later rounds. Missing players on the list also. 

2 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

A lot of 2nd and 3rd round players. Some later rounds. Missing players on the list also. 

Yea I over looked the list last week and had the thought "this list seems like the plan is to trade back one of the 2s...."

Still need to see how Morgan attacks the draft, cause young talent is the biggest need for this team. The track record, no matter the GM.... for rounds 2-4 is dogshit. Even finding just average players in the mid-late would be a great start....

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Yea I over looked the list last week and had the thought "this list seems like the plan is to trade back one of the 2s...."

Still need to see how Morgan attacks the draft, cause young talent is the biggest need for this team. The track record, no matter the GM.... for rounds 2-4 is dogshit. Even finding just average players in the mid-late would be a great start....

Yeah I believe pick 39 gets traded. It depends who on the board at 33, but think someone too good to pass will be there. 

Aren't Thielen and Diontae Johnson's contracts up after next season? Thielen might retire after next year and Johnson is looking for a BIG payday. If the Panthers can somewhat replace both of those guys in this WR-heavy draft, wouldn't that open up a ton of resources in 2025 to apply to other areas? I just think this should be an offensive draft. A Center, 2 WRs, and a maybe TE - though I'm fairly high on Tremble. There are a bunch of low-floor WRs even in the 3rd/4th rounds. Stout Centers and play making TEs will be available there too. This defense needed a couple of pieces after losing Luvu, Burns, and Bell. All replaced with accomplished vets. The offense needed an entire friggin overhaul. No one played well. Playcallers included.  

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Aren't Thielen and Diontae Johnson's contracts up after next season? Thielen might retire after next year and Johnson is looking for a BIG payday. If the Panthers can somewhat replace both of those guys in this WR-heavy draft, wouldn't that open up a ton of resources in 2025 to apply to other areas? I just think this should be an offensive draft. A Center, 2 WRs, and a maybe TE - though I'm fairly high on Tremble. There are a bunch of low-floor WRs even in the 3rd/4th rounds. Stout Centers and play making TEs will be available there too. This defense needed a couple of pieces after losing Luvu, Burns, and Bell. All replaced with accomplished vets. The offense needed an entire friggin overhaul. No one played well. Playcallers included.  

The focus should be on offense, but if a defensive player is there, that's a game changer you take him.