• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steelers can pick receivers, right? Food for thought.

The Steelers have known how to pick some damned good receivers over the years. I don't think anyone will argue with that. So I thought I'd take a look at their pre-draft visits. I'm only listing names, and it's only food for thought. But perhaps it will make you actually think.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/lists/steelers-2024-nfl-draft-malachi-corley-xavier-legette/

Xavier Legette

Ricky Pearsall

Malachi Corley

Tahj Wasington

Luke McCaffrey (visiting today)

That's all, folks.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Well then if that's an indicator of WR success.... then maybe we should give Mingo more time to develop as they brought him in last year

We should give Mingo more time to develop. It just makes sense. 

One thing that I will say is that (regardless of what some people may be trying to sell now) Mingo was widely projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round. Some Steelers fans had him mocked as a third rounder, and also the Steelers were looking for a slot receiver to replace Juju (so keep that in mind as well).

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'll just keep saying it... Legette ≠ Mingo

Mingo never had a year like Legette had last year. 

I think what was seen from Mingo his last year in college is probably a good indicator of his ceiling in the pros. 

i feel the same is true for Legette his last year.

I know that's not usually a reliable indicator, but what Legette was able to do once the opportunity for him finally presented itself and the number of ways he was used and has been used really shows what he is capable of and it's a lot more than Mingo. 

I'm not giving up on Mingo, but i don't believe he will ever have the success that Legette will have wherever he goes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'll just keep saying it... Legette ≠ Mingo

Mingo never had a year like Legette had last year. 

I think what was seen from Mingo his last year in college is probably a good indicator of his ceiling in the pros. 

i feel the same is true for Legette his last year.

I know that's not usually a reliable indicator, but what Legette was able to do once the opportunity for him finally presented itself and the number of ways he was used and has been used really shows what he is capable of and it's a lot more than Mingo. 

I'm not giving up on Mingo, but i don't believe he will ever have the success that Legette will have wherever he goes.

I agree. They may be similar in build but Leggette has a sneaky speed 2 em and he can high point much better. Rarely does he caught from behind. AND he can track the ball at an above average level. He's 6'1 but plays like he's 6'5. 

I like Keon too but I think Leggette is our target. Leggette and ILB. 

I think helping Bryce would be to grab a guy and/or a TE that could go up and get it regularly. If Bryce's deep ball accuracy is in question than having a big threat that just happens to have the speed and can attack the ball if it's thrown anywhere in his area becomes extremely important.  

I'm not giving up on Mingo either. Hell when he was drafted I remember a few people saying he'd need time to refine his craft at the next level. I honestly think they might have asked him to do too much too soon and it overwhelmed him as a rookie. 

• Beer 1