• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ALERT: 🚨 Is DJ Chark re-signing with Panthers or signing with Falcons?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's just not a fit with Bryce. His strength is going deep. Bryce's biggest weakness is the deep ball.

I dont know that its as much of a weakness as people believe.  He never really got a chance to go deep because the O-line was so beyond trash.  If we're signing him for a cheap contract to compete in camp, I dont see a reason not to bring him in, even if you have chad pennington, you need someone to vertically stretch the defense atleast as even a threat, and that person isnt currently on the roster.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Carolina Cajun said:

I dont know that its as much of a weakness as people believe.  He never really got a chance to go deep because the O-line was so beyond trash.  If we're signing him for a cheap contract to compete in camp, I dont see a reason not to bring him in, even if you have chad pennington, you need someone to vertically stretch the defense atleast as even a threat, and that person isnt currently on the roster.

It was his biggest weakness in college too. NFL defenses just made it look even worse.

1 hour ago, PappyMay said:

If it’s on a cheap 1 year deal I’m not against it. Gives us even more of an option to wait until 65 for WR if we target something else in the 2nd.  Let’s be real. I hope we see improvement this year but Mcmillian from Arizona and Burden from Mizzou could be are next WR1 in the top 5 next year.

If we are picking top 5 and still rolling with Bryce I will lose all hope. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

If we are picking top 5 and still rolling with Bryce I will lose all hope. 

We could triple our win total this year and would still be picking at 5-6. 6 wins and showing signs of improvement. I wouldn’t be over the moon but I could live with that. 

Just now, PappyMay said:

We could triple our win total this year and would still be picking at 5-6. 6 wins and showing signs of improvement. I wouldn’t be over the moon but I could live with that. 

I feel like if we only get 6 wins we are still terrible and running a scheme that tries to hide the QB, fug that. 

8 wins over 2 seasons is not enough to keep his job imo. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

We will see once he has blocking 

Blocking isnt going to change the fact that his passes beyond about 20 yards are wildly inaccurate, the same thing was true in college.  

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/2/16/22937561/superlatives-2021-alabama-crimson-tide-football-report-card-quarterbacks-plenty-of-room-to-grow

Accuracy.

Bryce Young was easily the least accurate starter Alabama has had since Jalen Hurts.

Last season, he completed just 2/3rds of his passes (66.9%) — the lowest for a ‘Bama starter since 2017, when Jalen Hurts completed 61% of his throws. Before that? You have to go back to 2007, when John Parker Wilson was running for his life behind a bad line and an unsteady running game (holy poo, déjà rêvé).

There were many reasons for that stat. Drops by wide receivers were certainly a factor, and especially as the Tide got further into its depth chart. And so what the line. But much of Byrce’s stat line was the product of simple execution errors. Young’s early-season deep ball accuracy was especially a concern, and it took most of a season for that aspect of his game to be wrinkled out. On throws over 20 yards, Young “improved” by year’s end hit 36% of his deep shot. It was so bad early, in fact, that coming out of the LSU game, he had completed just 10 such throws all season.

By contrast, Tagovailoa and Jones hit between 49% — 59% of their deep balls.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We had already seen at Bama. That's when the hilarious claim that Bryce was having to carry inferior talent at ALABAMA started up.

Bryce was the inferior talent at Bama, IDK what people were looking at.

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Blocking isnt going to change the fact that his passes beyond about 20 yards are wildly inaccurate, the same thing was true in college.  

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/2/16/22937561/superlatives-2021-alabama-crimson-tide-football-report-card-quarterbacks-plenty-of-room-to-grow

Accuracy.

Bryce Young was easily the least accurate starter Alabama has had since Jalen Hurts.

Last season, he completed just 2/3rds of his passes (66.9%) — the lowest for a ‘Bama starter since 2017, when Jalen Hurts completed 61% of his throws. Before that? You have to go back to 2007, when John Parker Wilson was running for his life behind a bad line and an unsteady running game (holy poo, déjà rêvé).

There were many reasons for that stat. Drops by wide receivers were certainly a factor, and especially as the Tide got further into its depth chart. And so what the line. But much of Byrce’s stat line was the product of simple execution errors. Young’s early-season deep ball accuracy was especially a concern, and it took most of a season for that aspect of his game to be wrinkled out. On throws over 20 yards, Young “improved” by year’s end hit 36% of his deep shot. It was so bad early, in fact, that coming out of the LSU game, he had completed just 10 such throws all season.

By contrast, Tagovailoa and Jones hit between 49% — 59% of their deep balls.

When Mac Jones has a significantly better deep ball than your top pick you traded DJ Moore and a first overall pick for...

Ben Affleck Reaction GIF

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Bryce was the inferior talent at Bama, IDK what people were looking at.

I mean, he was a really good college QB. I'll give him that. It's just really tough to evaluate QBs when they're in one of the top programs where they could regularly beat pretty much any non-top 10 team in the country with their backups. The overall team talent disparity is just huge. But Bryce's physical talent concerns translating to the NFL were blatantly obvious IMO.

• Pie 2